E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I was just at the dealer (Sears Imports, Minneapolis) yesterday to place my order for my 2003 330i, and I came prepared with invoice pricing sheets and quotes from other dealers (I was shopping around). He was writing the MSRP numbers and I was giving him Invoice numbers and when he saw the invoice pricing sheet, he just about crapped his pants! It was hillarious! Then I gave him the quote from Orland Park BMW, IL, and he was absolutely speechless, and started running around the dealership trying to find a manager to match the price. Well, the closest he could get was $1200 over invoice so we walked out.

So today I am ordering my car from Jim Bauschwitz over at Orland Park BMW, IL. He got me such a sweet deal. If you are in the midwest, this is the best place to go by far. Tell him that Ahmed sent you.

Here are my specs, looking forward to modding it like crazy:

2003 BMW 330i May Euro Delivery
Black/Black
Sport Package
Xenon Lights
Moonroof
Steptronic

·
Registered
306 Posts
I remember when 1200 over invoice was considered a great deal, and very difficult to negotiate. How much over invoice are they going for now.

Congrats by the way, welcome to the club.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got him down to less than $500 over invoice

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
sidd330i said:
when he saw the invoice pricing sheet, he just about crapped his pants! It was hillarious!
You got pics? Not of your invoice, but when he almost crapped in his pants. I love it when informed buyers go in knowing more than the salesmen.

Good job man:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
sidd330i said:
I got him down to less than $500 over invoice
Congrats and welcome to the club....Got one question which invoice are you talking about the ED (CWP) or ED (retail) or regular invoice:eeps:

ED is a great experience, have fun!..the wait is the killer:banghead:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was talking about the ED Invoice Price which is roughly $2400 below the invoice price of the US Delivery. But the dealer in Orland Park said that he would do the same deal on the US delivery car, except he would have to add the standard MACO advertising charge. I said I'd rather go drive it in europe first, but the wait is killing me!

·
Registered
913 Posts
sidd330i said:
I was talking about the ED Invoice Price which is roughly $2400 below the invoice price of the US Delivery. But the dealer in Orland Park said that he would do the same deal on the US delivery car, except he would have to add the standard MACO advertising charge. I said I'd rather go drive it in europe first, but the wait is killing me!
So you got $2400-$500=approx.$1900 of MSRP. You did the right thing about going to europe.Do the factory visit in Munich.Call BMW NA and get an appointment for the English tour.

Good job maybe you cant get any lower in Minnesota but in FL
It is common to get ED price with no markups...I have 5 people i know who got it (me and two others in South FL)...and two buddies a bit north....

last time i was in Minnesota,i say only one BMW and it was a 325xi...not very popular there?..must be the snow?

·
Registered
42 Posts
eksath said:

last time i was in Minnesota,i say only one BMW and it was a 325xi...not very popular there?..must be the snow?
Yup...Audi A4s outnumber 3 series about 10 to 1. Makes it feel more exclusive than, say, SoCal, where every 3rd car is a 3 series.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was working with Motorwerks originally they could only get me down to $1000 over invoice. Because there are only 2 BMW dealers up here, they can charge anything they want. In fact, most of the cars are sold at MSRP here.

I don't see too many Bimmers in MN, but there are so many Audis with really dirty rims here! But in the past couple of months I've been seeing alot of 325xi's and 330xi's. Problem is that most people in MN are so afraid of rear wheel drive, and they don't think DSC is good enough. I've done all sorts of stuff with the 330i test drive car on Ice and snow, and all you really need is a good set of snow tires and off you go!

·
Registered
373 Posts
How easy is it to get ED price on an US bound car without going to Europe to pickup your car. Im ordering a 330Ci coupe and would like to save every $$ possible!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Slida said:
Congrats!

There aren't many dealer choices in the twin cities - did you try Motorwerks in Bloomington?

Sears Imports sucks :thumbdwn:
They are very biased toward younger potential customers.
Motorwerks on the other hand gave me the exact opposite impression.:thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FazTaz said:
How easy is it to get ED price on an US bound car without going to Europe to pickup your car. Im ordering a 330Ci coupe and would like to save every $$ possible!
You can't get the ED price unless you actually go to Europe. The invoice price for US Delivery is roughly $2400 more. Considering that you are on the east coast, I think you should be able to do the same deal that I got, like $500 over invoice. How far are you willing to go to get the best price?

PM me with the options you want on your car, including color. I'll see what I can do for best price in NJ. Lets see if I can get you a similar deal, I just love haggling car salespeople!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
coolio4433 said:

Sears Imports sucks :thumbdwn:
They are very biased toward younger potential customers.
Motorwerks on the other hand gave me the exact opposite impression.:thumbup:
Yeah I got the same feeling. I worked with Scott with Motorwerks originally and he was really cool. When I went to Sears with my dad, the guy greeted my dad and didn't even bother shaking my hand until I introduced myself. Then after crapping his pants, he was all like "you should be proud of your son, he did well!" Like I was some sort of baby!:flipoff:

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
I've never understood why invoices are public knowledge. If someone walked into my store and said I know what you paid for this, and I don't expect to pay more than 5 to 10% over it, I'd first pull their shirt over their head while I kicked their ass until their nose bleeds. Then I'd take the f*cking invoice and shove it up his urethra.

It's f*cking business, the dealers are there to make a profit. It's one thing if you get jacked. But paying MSRP isn't a big deal. If these dealers had to deal with every customer that walked through the door holding an invoice and demanding a better price, they wouldn't be in business.

But good for you guys anyway. If you can get a deal, more power to you. But I just don't understand why invoices are public knowledge in the auto industry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious who you were working with at the dealership, as Sears is where I purchased my BMW from. Great buying experience, which I feel is worth a little extra on the bottom line. Stay far away from Motorwerks though, that place is horrible!

·
Registered
61 Posts
sidd330i said:

PM me with the options you want on your car, including color. I'll see what I can do for best price in NJ. Lets see if I can get you a similar deal, I just love haggling car salespeople!

Sent u a PM! Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts