BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are front suspensions on E90's weak?

2011 328i with 17k miles. Recently noticed car wandering over wavy fwy pavement. Dealer checked suspension. Did alignment, but says camber on front left can not be moved into spec. Claims likely a bent component, or shock tower top damaged. Claims this likey from a pothole. Of course, stating that no visual inspection can determine.

Sounds like crap to me. I am original owner, only driver. I would know if I hit a hole that could have caused damage to suspension.

Thoughts on diagnosing myself? Or on pushing for potential fault in suspension components?

Any known issues with suspensions? At Autox a Z4 owner told me his lower control arm bushings failed early.

Thanks for any tips...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My mechanic told me the front bushings in the upper arms are known to leak, but it's hard for me to imagine that affecting camber. They should be able to tell you what part is defective. Without a definitive response from them I would seek a seek a second opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine was doing this. I thought it was a bad alignment and apparently the tire was worn on the inside really bad. New tires and an Alignment fixed the issue.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts