BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i bought an OEM BMW alarm and installed it myself cause it was so easy! I then went to the dealership to have it turned on! the alarm cherped the lights flash, but the only time the alarm would sound is if you open the door with the alarm! so the interior alarm sensor and tilt sensor was not working

i then went back to the dealership 3 other times to tell them to fix it! finnaly, they told me that to activate the alarm would cost $132 labor cost because i did not pay the $300 something dollars to have them install it! i told them that it was bullshiet and hung up the phone!

so my question here is, has anyone else had this problem? how much did your dealership charge you to do this activation! my dealership sucks!:thumbdwn:

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
My dealer hooked me up. $0.

Don't see why they want to charge you up the ass. It takes like 10 minutes to do.

dave

*edit*

Er....they did it once for free? Obviously they didn't finish the job. Tell them to finish off what they started.

dave

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i said! i think everyone should check their alarms that the dealer activated to see if they wern't ripped off where the dealer conveniently forgets to turn on everything else except the interior sensors!

·
The Man
338 Posts
When I picked up my car before I signed I had him show me everything. We left the windows open activated the alarm and then put my arm in. It worked fine and so did the panic and everything else. Before you guys sign anything make sure they show you everything.

I told my sales man that i had a couple friends interested in buying a bimmer so he hooked me up big time. He gave me thousands off the sticker for a 03 330ci in Sep. He even said every car he sale he makes that i refer he will give me $$$. So next time you buy a bimmer tell the you have a bunch of friends interested. He also told me if anything is ever goes wrong contact him directly and he will deal with it himself, no mechanics trying to rip you off. It also pays to go out of the city. The dealer in boston told me that if I buy a car outside the city I can't go to the boston dealer ship and have them fix it.
I didn't say a word to him, just walked out and bought my BMW elsewhere.

·
Registered
127 Posts
who's your dealership?

·
No more mods
307 Posts
vehement said:
Okay, so i bought an OEM BMW alarm and installed it myself cause it was so easy! I then went to the dealership to have it turned on! the alarm cherped the lights flash, but the only time the alarm would sound is if you open the door with the alarm! so the interior alarm sensor and tilt sensor was not working

i then went back to the dealership 3 other times to tell them to fix it! finnaly, they told me that to activate the alarm would cost $132 labor cost because i did not pay the $300 something dollars to have them install it! i told them that it was bullshiet and hung up the phone!

so my question here is, has anyone else had this problem? how much did your dealership charge you to do this activation! my dealership sucks!:thumbdwn:
I just bought mine too but didn't install yet. So I called three dealership and check the price for program the alarm.
Peter Pan BMW-$120
Stevens Creek BMW-$150
Claridge's BMW-62.50
When is your dealership?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Re: Re: Dealer Alarm Activation!

ecng said:
Peter Pan BMW-$120
Stevens Creek BMW-$150
Claridge's BMW-62.50
Shoot, my dealer charged me $50 for activation and I thought it was expensive. But after seeing those quotes... :mad: :banghead: What a rip off!

·
No more mods
307 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Dealer Alarm Activation!

als said:

Shoot, my dealer charged me $50 for activation and I thought it was expensive. But after seeing those quotes... :mad: :banghead: What a rip off!
Yep! I got my alarm from Pacific for $232, but activation in bay area is expensive.:banghead:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alarm Activation issue...

I had the same problem when the dealer activated the alarm for me. The tilt sensor and motion were not working. Everything else was.
I took the car back 2 times and they told me that on their computer program, it showed that it was activated, but still the sensor and tilt were dead.

They found the solution after a few hours!! The dealer told me they had to remove all the program and reprogram again from scratch. This activated both sensors.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
339 Posts
It took my dealership five tries to activate my alarm. Morons... The last time, I sat in my car with the service manager and we went step by step on how to do it. They charged me $42.50 (half an hour labor) but refunded the money because they messed up.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I took mine to the dealer and just asked them to turn on the clown nose and blinkers when locking and unlocking the doors and the tech did it in 2 mins and for $0. I dont even have the alarm.

Your getting screwed over because they are pissed you DIY. F*ckem go somewhere else.

John V

Ask them why it costs so much, its only 10 mins worth of work, if they have to pull the car in. My tech took the ODB out to my car..

Good luck

·
Registered
668 Posts
Can anyone post on how to test whether all sensors are working? Obviously for the interior sensors its quite easy, what about tilt and motion short of jacking up the car, etc?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
who's your dealership?
I brought my car to Peter Pan in San Mateo! Tehy originally told my mom, who brought it in the second time, that it would be $120, the flat rate for labor....then the service manager just told me over the phone a couple days ago that the flat rate just went up to $132! i told her that i talk to people and they said that it would only cost at most $50 and that the proceedure really isn't that difficult! i told her that it was bs that they are trying to charge me an arm and a leg for something that could be done so easily and and because i did not pay the $300 some od dollars for them to install the alarm that took me 10 mins to install!:thumbdwn: now i'm just worried about when i do my DIY xenons and they have to reprogram that! damn, i need to find another dealership!:sad:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In this world it's all about connections, sad but very true. I dindt' even have an alarm on my car and I just had my car for it's 15k oil service. My friend works at BMW and I told him i wanted the clown nose programmed and within 5mins it was programmed ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
timexp99, which DC-area dealer did you take it to? Arlington? I just want to know so I don't take mine there... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
for the Bay Area folks..try concord BMW.. they might do with for free, no questions.

Just make sure that they turn on the tilt/motion sensor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i know peter pan bmw sucks...dont ever go back there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts