BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
recently my car 2000 323i has gotten the two signs in the console saying that both my left and right corner signal is out (blinking real fast and such) so i thought that my bulb was out. when i took the original out, the filament was still in the bulb..does that mean that the bulb is still good?? i think the bulb is dead but my friend says that the bulb is good because the filament is still there but that something else is wrong. Who is right?? also where do they sell bulbs for bmw in northern nj that is open on a sat, i think my dealer is closed. And last question, is it bad to touch the bulb with your bare hands because i read that it kills life..but what else am i supposed to do..wear latex gloves??thanx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heh, you will not die if you touch the bulbs. If you're really paranoid, wash your hands afterwards.

This all being said, I know in the A4 the turn signals are controlled by the 4-way hazard relay. Is this also true with the 3-series? If it is, your relay could be shot. The bulbs cost like $5, have you tried replacing just one?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha..im not talking about my life...im talking about bulb life...i read somewhere here that it kills bulb life..n e ways..i want to buy new bulbs but i dont know where they sell them..i went to kmart and it was sold out so i have to find another place that has them in stock..does anyone know anyplace in northern nj?
thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
jokgga said:
haha..im not talking about my life...im talking about bulb life...i read somewhere here that it kills bulb life..n e ways..i want to buy new bulbs but i dont know where they sell them..i went to kmart and it was sold out so i have to find another place that has them in stock..does anyone know anyplace in northern nj?
thanks
Find out the size in your owners manual and go to AutoZone or Pep Boys... or Strauss! We don't have Strauss up here in CT, but I just remembered it's down there.

LOL all I saw was "kills life" and i was like whoa, what?! I've handled mine plenty, and I'm still running my stock bulbs after 60k, so...

·
unregistered user
826 Posts
Check to make sure all connections to the light bulb sockets are good and clean (no dirt or corrosion). I had a warning light come on and all it was was a loose connector. Bulb was good.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
bradleyg said:
Check to make sure all connections to the light bulb sockets are good and clean (no dirt or corrosion). I had a warning light come on and all it was was a loose connector. Bulb was good.
What he said... corrosion on the contacts build up quite often in my experience.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the same thing happened to me too.....there was just corrosion build up in the sockets so i just sprayed wd-40 and its done.....anyways JMK bmw on route 22, their parts dept. i think is open till 1pm, prestige off at route 17 parts dept. i think is open till 1pm too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts