BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Damned Eurpoean laws!!!!

I still have two weeks to wait for my shipment but everythign from umnitza's side ran smoothly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered my on 10/22. Asked about it last Friday (10/31) and got a reply saying they were shipping that day. Read on here that umnitza was shipping most everyone's on Monday (11/1). Now today I get an email from umnitza saying that SEMA has slowed down the shipments due to the fires in SOCAL so I guess mine has not been shipped. The order still says PENDING and I have not received any shipment info. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated but with the fires I'm trying to be patient.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good morning fellow car fans.

I am the hold up. I sold my house (supposedly) on Oct 27th. So I had to pack up absolutely everything on the 25th to get it on the trucks. I think eveeryone heard about the fires in San Diego during that time. After moving out, I spent several fun filled days in limbo on the sale of my house because insurance and loan companies for my buyer and my purchase of a new house were in a moratorium stage. I was effectively stuck out of my house which didn't close and not into the new house which I couldn't purchase. Courts, county filings, insurance, escrow companies, basically everyone was closed during the fire.

I'm finally into the new house but it takes about 1 week to get back into production. That is in progress. I am doing some limited shipping today and unfortunately for our schedules, I'm going to the SEMA show for two days. On the plus side, I am not a one person operation and Apexcone employees came by last night and picked up bulk material to make literally hundreds of sets of Lightning Plus. I also have hundreds of sets of Lightning Enhanced available. When I get back on Saturday, there will be a packing frenzy and I promise that the gates will open again.

Additionally, I had some new custom packaging produced and that will go to further enhance the large pizza boxes many of you have seen. That is in hand.

I am sorry about the delays. I planned effectively and then half the county burned to the ground. Many of my employees were forced to evacuate their homes. Thank God none of them were injured or lost their homes.

Let me say that many of you know me and have been to my house, including the new one. Carl and Eric can vouch for every piece of information I'm giving you. Eric even helped me move!

We will get you back on track soon. If any of you have sent me email, I still do not have cable modem service and am limited to grabbing computer time when and where I can snatch it. I'll catch up in the week ahead. Apparently I have a Cox Cable appointment this coming Saturday.

Again, I apologize for the delays, but you know we'll take care of you and while my trip to SEMA could be at a better time, it will inevitably result in new products we all want on our cars at great prices. I go to look at things that spur me to invent the unavailable :)

Eric, if you have a picture from the test mule session, throw the team a bone and show them a teaser to let them know we've been busy.

See everyone online and at the new house very soon. Drive safely out there.

·
Beware of pwner
1,758 Posts
Jim, anytime you need anything, just let me know.

Thanks for letting me test out the new design for you.

Eric

Here's a shot of the lightning enhanced.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks again Jim. Your product looks very nice :thumbup:

Congrats on the new house. Nice view.

-Nino

ps thanks for the quarters :lmao:

·
Banned
595 Posts
Malladawg said:
Jim, anytime you need anything, just let me know.

Thanks for letting me test out the new design for you.

Eric

Here's a shot of the lightning enhanced.

Looks AWESOME eric!!! nice...... :yikes:

·
Beware of pwner
1,758 Posts
Here's a shot of them off. I think it looks better than the thin white line.

Sorry for the crappy pic, looks better in person.

Thanks Amber!

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,493 Posts
jsp98m3 said:
Good morning fellow car fans.

I am the hold up......
Jim, we were all on your side <b>before</b> we knew about the hell you were going through with your house. It is very venerable of you to take responsibility for the hold-up, even though the conditions are completely out of your hands. Just the news of the fires was enough for us all to worry about our friends in SoCal. I'm sure everyone understands that the delay is justified, based not only on the horrible pressures and conditions you guys are forced to combat with, but also the fact that Umnitza has a reputation for doing their absolute best to take care of the customer.

Stay safe down there, congrats on the new house, and Godspeed with all that packaging... there are going to be a lot of happy customers very soon.

JL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts