BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, right, hey, this is my first post and i'm prob gonna annoy someone with this, but....
...yet another post bout DDE's - i love the look of the ones from Umnitza, but where can i get 'em in the UK? I've seen some from AutoVogue but they don't look anythin like as good... i only wanna get the best looking ones!! The blues look awesome.
Would i have any problems if i tried gettin them shipped from Umnitza? i read a few post saying they'd arrived bust and that wasnt even on overseas delivery!?!
The other thing was, are they gonna fit my car ok?? Can't think they wouldnt but BM seem to have a habbit or changin tiny little things every 2 minutes... plus u guys don't have my "baby" version 318ci over there!!:rolleyes:

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
Everything fit fine, so far...I made the mistake of breaking one of the rings so I am waiting for its replacment. Then I will let you know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fas, mite be easier to stick to Europe!!

hmmm... these things seem well delicate... really not good for my clumsy hands!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
doh!!! what do u reckon the laws are like here?? if i get blue rings am i gonna get pulled every 2 minutes?? i'm thinkin they prob just about be ok... plus could try using the old "but they standard BM parts!!!"... hmmm....

·
Flex UK Style
2,563 Posts
Gold, the argument is, if they are illegal, why do BMW sell the 5 & 7 series with them as standard? As long as they aren't blinding, you should be fine.

BTW, post pics of your car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats pretty much wot i was thinkin. reckon it'll be fine!!!

will post a few pics as soon as ive cleaned her... oh, that and managed to get my hands on a camera!

·
Registered
318 Posts
GoldPimp

Got my DDE Gen V's from Umnitza, arrived in the UK with no problems, just had to pay customs duty on top :cry:

Install is pretty easy as long as you know how to take apart the headlight assembly.

Quick Guide is as follows (full guide can be downloaded from Umnitza.com):

1. Remove corner indicators
2. Remove 4 screws holding headlights in place
3. Remove weather strip
4. Remove headlight surround (careful with the indicator side)
5. Remove bulb connections
6. Pull out Headlight
7. Drill hole at the back of the headlight for fibres to go through
8. Clip 2 rings in each side
9. Cut fibre cables to the right size and fit to rings and pass through hole just drilled.
10. Install Light boxes
11. Connect switch and + and - conenctions
12. Sit back and admirer the new halos!

Have a look here...

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showphoto.php?photo=8894&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showphoto.php?photo=8893&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hmmm Matt had told me that he had a dealer in the UK.. well I'm responsible for Portugal and Spain, if you want I can get to ship you a kit, E-mail me at [email protected]

Actually... I COULD get you some really cheap shipping to if it were to London, my mums going over there in two weeks time..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
doh, am a bit far from london!!!

will email Matt (US Umnitza guy?) and check out if there's a UK dealer - would be a bit simpler!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
GoldPimp

Never been pulled once, everytime I fill up people always ask me where I got them from!

The ladies love them!:thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lightning for E46 going for max €310 numbers will be confirmed by tomorrow, how much you getting them for there?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts