E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
is to un-assemble the facelifted headlight the same with the older model? Because I can not find any DIY for the facelifted ones... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Or any one have links DIY for facelifted E46?

·
Registered
191 Posts
When are we going to get to see this "in car pic?" Or was the blue e36 it?

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Jano said:

What was the common denominator among the ones that didn't work? Build date? I can live w/o autolevel, but I would think that you'd have to make some "guess" as to approx. where they should be when you had them apart wouldn't you? I can't see taking apart the whole assembly if they aimed improperly. I don't imagine the adjuster provides must control, a few degrees in either direction? Just curious how you got around this...I'm looking forward to getting the gen V's (already ordered) but am nervous enough about taking apart my xenon's! :eeps:
We're researching it.
But the basic denominator has not been isolated to build date or even car type - 325, 330, and an M3 are all the 3 cars.

The aim adjusters are sufficient - ask Cabby on this board.

It's a "nice feature" but admittedly, once you set it correctly, it's kind of useless. For example, I hate that my wife's 7 series mirror auto-dims. I would rather have the glare because quite frankly I need to know what car is behind me and I'm pretty adept at knowing a car by the headlights. Now with Tinted windows, "fugedaboutit"

I believe it has to do with the way the beauty ring "sits" onto the openings for it and how close the reflective piece sits to the top of the headlight housing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
question

Question about the Gen V If you don't want the DDE's on can you still have your normal headlights or operate both at the same time ?:dunno:

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The DDEs are independent of your headlights.

There are a multitude of wires to choose from in your ECU regarding how you want the DDEs to light.

It can be:
via a new switch
via your fogs
via your accessory power
via constant on

etc.

In car pic? How's this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
umnitza said:

In car pic? How's this?
Ok, very nice, but what about daytime, like, not in the evening.
I would like to compare it to this pic from Cabby:

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
How do most members with the DDE's setup, regarding the lighting switch....... independent ?? or via fogs etc..... just wondering cuz i really want the G5's

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok, I have to clarify.
We won't have a picture from every known angle, distance, exposure, daylight situation.

Just don't have the time.

Jim's car is 50feet away in the daytime - this is the only picture we have in addition to the others.

This is Jim's car - Gen II rings, Old fiber that he hasn't replaced (2+ years old), not fully wired, quick fit, etc. 50 feet away.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
I also already paid Nico this afternoon, hopefully he will contact you and reserve me one of the new Gen V DDE :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
in car pic...[\QUOTE]

That pic says Gen IV on it, not Gen V. I was also hoping to see a pic ahead of time. I've already paid though, I want a set and figure I might as well get the most bright at this point. Everybody seems to want them brighter and brighter, my fear is that they'll be "normal" looking in the daylight but "too bright" in the evening and night time (you can still see one ring when driving at night).

41 - 60 of 104 Posts