E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
umnitza said:
MacFly - your sig just continues to impress:D
thx.........props goes out to Yellowman!!!!

These Gen V's are gonna be off the hook..........still tryin' to dig myself out of the ditch i dug during xmas, but be rest assured matt......you'll get my $65 in due time for that upgrade!!! :thumbup:

john

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
hamann330ci said:
Umnitza,
Do you have any pics w/ the HID rings?
sorry, my latest video has them.

http://www.umnitza.com/dde/video/promo/e46newpromo1.mpg

You see both of them.

Is this what you wanted to see?

Picture taken by Jim. AGAINST THE SUN.
He has Gen III rings.
He's using a pretty simple camera
He just "threw" the box on there without proper wiring, just a "quick" wire.

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The photo is not doctored in any way.
left side is Gen IV - notice - visible but not bright
right side - WOWEE and he didn't do anything with them yet, just threw them on without proper wiring.

·
Registered
395 Posts
so is the lummenX version just have different light box and different fiber optic cables. if this is the case how does the hyper blue ring look with the lumenX hooked up to it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
umnitza, your first pic was of the clear rings...do you have the same pic but with the blue rings?! thanks.

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Man, it sucks when your email just stops working:D

Wonder if the load of a 1000 emails is too great;)

The car in the video was the 2002 325ci w/ Bi-Xenons and 2003 Facelift 330i w/ Bi-Xenons.

Both autoleveling worked.

However, we've encountered 3 cars so far where the auto-level feature will not work.

At some point in the life of the car, the folks at BMW decided to change the specs on how the lights were made. They minimized the clearance at the top fo the housing as it meets the beauty ring.

Now, don't get me wrong, we lived for 20 years without auto-leveling but suddenly, if you have it, no one wants to give it up.

Once your lights are positioned properly, there is no issue with AutoLevel -it's just "neat".

Only a big, obese person in the rear of your car is going to affect whether your lights shine properly on the road if you get rid of the auto-level.

Hope that clarifies it a bit:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
umnitza said:

However, we've encountered 3 cars so far where the auto-level feature will not work.

Once your lights are positioned properly, there is no issue with AutoLevel -it's just "neat".
What was the common denominator among the ones that didn't work? Build date? I can live w/o autolevel, but I would think that you'd have to make some "guess" as to approx. where they should be when you had them apart wouldn't you? I can't see taking apart the whole assembly if they aimed improperly. I don't imagine the adjuster provides must control, a few degrees in either direction? Just curious how you got around this...I'm looking forward to getting the gen V's (already ordered) but am nervous enough about taking apart my xenon's! :eeps:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yap, what's the difference those 3 cars have compare to others? I really like seeing my bi-xenon levels up when I start the engine and I also like DDE rings. I want to have those two features :)

21 - 40 of 104 Posts