E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here goes:

Officially starting @ 12:01am, I'm opening the pre-release payment for Gen V purchase, upgrades, and updates.

The pricing is not set concretely but it's not going to vary by more than $5 up or down. So don't worry. I may ask you to Paypal $5 more, or I may refund you $5 - and I've been known to refund money quite freely (very much like Circuit City).

Here's the stage breakdown:

Existing Customers
Gen 1 - Upgrades only $Contact me for pricing.
Gen 2 - Update to Gen IV rings $35 + Gen V upgrade $65
Gen 3 - Update to Gen IV Rings $35 + Gen V upgrade $65
Gen 4 - Upgrade to Gen V - $65

New Customers
Gen 5 - $275 pre-orders only - price may/will be higher after Jan 31.

Competitors Customers and Retailers
Retailers and Competitor's Customers may contact me directly through email to discuss the Gen V solution.

To get this pricing - you have to paypal me right away:

YOU MUST SPECIFY IN THE SUBJECT WHAT YOU ARE PAYING ME FOR IN DETAIL - this is not car specific!
Here's how:
CLICK HERE TO PAYPAL UMNITZA

OK, so, what do you get?

Directed electronics relays - Viper Electronics (you know, the alarm people)
Higher expense bulb - which also translates into higher quality, better life, higher lumens, stronger, brighter, faster, etc.

New NEVER-burning box - after 24 hours and 7 STRAIGHT DAYS of being on, the fibers were completely untouched. This despite the fact that not only was the thing on for 24 hours, it was also a higher intensity heat/light.

Different housing - this has been completely re-engineered to hold the lamp. There is NOTHING like this - not even close - on the market.

Fiber Connector - A full metal and ground up re-design. We are NOT REUSING anyone else's technology. This is new design.
never any burning of the fiber

Built In Bracket - so now you can mount the box that much closer to the headlights.

And many, many other upgrades that are electronics related.
It will have a relay, fuse, and extended wiring options.

·
www.dpe-wheels.com
2,060 Posts
wow that is super bright. hmmm ... now i have to rethink my mod plan. after getting the xenons or HID upgrade, i think i will definitely have to consider these for DAE (fiberdesign)/DDE (umnitza) whatever you want to call it mod.

i am sure many with the current DDE will be happy that these came out.

·
AudiFanatic
491 Posts
Your site sells the Gen 4 for $135 and you are offering the upgrade to Gen 5 for $35 more.

You are selling to new customers Gen 5 for $275. Wouldn't it be cheaper for me to buy Gen 4 for $135 as advertised on your site and then a day later upgrade them to Gen 5 for $65 dollars for a grand total of $200?

:confused:

http://www.umnitza.com/new/loader.html?page=other

DDE Gen IV Rings [Custom - Labor Only]

Poly Carbonate
Flexible
Clearer than OEM BMW
Non-Deforming
Built-In Barrel Opening
E46 Poly Carbonate Standard and Bi-Xenon Clips
Non-Heat Sensitive
Price: $135 | | More Info

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, that is Gen IV RINGS only.
and the titles and descriptions state that.

In actuality, that link needs to be updated - it's not clear that it's for a custom only solution that if you had - say a Toyota Corolla - and you wanted to get some rings, and have me walk you through it.

I made the price of just the rings in the custom market prohibitive so I'd only get serious responses.

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not authorized to show those yet:D

BUT, I will show what I can when I can:D

BTW - I still have some Gen IV kits in stock.

If you want to "grab" them while I have them, I have VERY few, you can save yourself a little due to the upgrade being cheaper than the total of a new kit.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Just wondering... when you say Gen IV to Gen 5 upgrade... does that include all the new lightbox and connectors etc...? Is it compatible with gen 2 rings?

·
Registered
691 Posts
WAHOOOOO.....

another reason to take my car apart again!!..

Thanks Matt.....

John V

Wow they are bright:thumbup:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,702 Posts
how come the fibers on the left dont seem to be getting any light

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because the fibers on the left are Generation IV lightboxes.

It only appears that way because of how bright the Gen Vs are.

The only thing that secures your order is $.

It does not come with new fiber - there is no need.
If you are in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, or any of the other wonderful cities in OZ, please contact me via email, my distributor's information will be given to you. I'd rather deliver to one point in OZ so that we can all save on shipping, customs, and VATs.

·
Site Sponsor
18,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually Bubble Yum (it's a brand here in the states).

They are friction fit, which means, once they "slide in" they don't slide out unless you want them to.

That's the beauty of the tight tolerances we have.

·
SBBMotorwerks
519 Posts
Umintza....you got money!! Cant wait for the upgrade

·
Registered
265 Posts
umintza........can we see pics with them installed, maybe even a side by side like the pic on your original posting above. i'd like to see if these are brighter than my current set up with 50watt bulbs.

thx in advance

john

1 - 20 of 104 Posts