BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for the guys who have installed the DDEs on their 04 coupes, is it difficult to do? Will I be able to mess up big time if I don't have much experience in such technical stuff? I'm so ready to purchase a set, its just the installation thats holding me back. thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
darrenphua said:
Quick question for the guys who have installed the DDEs on their 04 coupes, is it difficult to do? Will I be able to mess up big time if I don't have much experience in such technical stuff? I'm so ready to purchase a set, its just the installation thats holding me back. thanks guys! :)
hey buddy, I am in the same situation but I already bought em :). I am just going to install them with a friend who is a eletrical enginner student and knows a lot about cars!

-Ben
04 330CI

·
Registered
37 Posts
My recommendation is for you to do your research on the installation process and what difficulties or other people experienced or questions asked.

It took me 2 days to install... considering I started 6 pm on a staurday evening, ran out of silicon glue that night.. argh.. and woke up 9 am sunday, and worked on it all day till 8 pm-ish. It took me a long time because of the baking process and because I was VERY worried about damaging my car or any part with the installation. I asked this board and Matt tons of questions, tons of obvious and stupid questions. I rather just be safe then sorry.

My modding experiences are very little: Changing mirrors to m3 mirrors, xenon light interior, silver ring gauges for console. But I did the halos, looks HOT, and I think you can do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I asked Jlevi if it was difficult and he said, for those not mechanically inclined (like myself), it is very difficult and recommends "professional" installation. I guess the headlight housing between 04 and 03 and younger are significantly different.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Frantic1 said:
I asked Jlevi if it was difficult and he said, for those not mechanically inclined (like myself), it is very difficult and recommends "professional" installation. I guess the headlight housing between 04 and 03 and younger are significantly different.
True, it is a very difficult but I too am mechanically inclined and I did an amazing job.. (only broke one clip on the xenon... :) ) I just kept asking questions.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I've done several installs. It is pretty ez, just follow the wiring diagrams from the instructions and remove the headlights. Take out all the bulbs and unscrew a few screws and your set to pop them in the oven. 200F at 15-20 minutes. Take it out, pry apart, and your set. Just align the rings to your liking. Then somwhat put the cover on and bake for another 15-20 minutes at 200. Take it out, push it tightly back together along with the bulbs and screws. Wire it all up and your done! :thumbup:

Edwin

·
Registered
281 Posts
tools

What exact tools did yall use in the install of the 04 ddes.

Thanks,

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts