E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove through the rain we have in Socal now, hit a couple of puddles. parked and got a hot chocolate at Starbucks and a few smokes. Went to get more smokes, started the car, and the engine was bogging and the idle was all over the place...I was thinking "****!" there goes my engine! I let it go for a couple of minutes, and it started to level out. Turned the car off, and started it again, same thing...boggy. It then worked itself out again. My eye was on the engine light the whole time, hoping it wouldn't go on.

got out and let the car sit for about an hour, and started it again and no problems. Man I was scared I had hydrolocked the engine and I was ****ed.
I never reoiled my Dinan CAI filter last time it rained, and the filter was probably wet and wouldn't let the air past when i started the car. I gotta get me another spare filter i can swap everytime.

whew....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Fisch330ciTopasBlau said:
drove through the rain we have in Socal now, hit a couple of puddles. parked and got a hot chocolate at Starbucks and a few smokes. Went to get more smokes, started the car, and the engine was bogging and the idle was all over the place...I was thinking "****!" there goes my engine! I let it go for a couple of minutes, and it started to level out. Turned the car off, and started it again, same thing...boggy. It then worked itself out again. My eye was on the engine light the whole time, hoping it wouldn't go on.

got out and let the car sit for about an hour, and started it again and no problems. Man I was scared I had hydrolocked the engine and I was ****ed.
I never reoiled my Dinan CAI filter last time it rained, and the filter was probably wet and wouldn't let the air past when i started the car. I gotta get me another spare filter i can swap everytime.

whew....
Probably what happened is that you did suck up a little bit of water...even a few drops will make your car sputter and bog....as long as it clears up it is fine. Water is not combustible :)

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
I Know I'm Going To Be Careful

I just came back from driving out and I was thinking to myself that I should watch out because my car is lower than ever. I have the sock on the the Dinan CAI filter which is supposed to protect against water, but I'm not willing to test it in a deep puddle or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts