E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

Anybody has a tip to get rid of hard water stains? My car got showered over the week end (I know...dumb me...). I have washed it, waxed it and no luck!.
Thanks!

Oh, something else...can somebody just tell me how can I edit my sig to include a picture? Call me dumb but I just can't nail this!!

Attachments

·
Mod Squad
10,009 Posts
Try to use some vinegar. It's going to strip everything that's on the paint, so you're going to have to rewash and re-wax it, but it should get the water spots off.

As for the signature.
Go to edit sig.
Click on the little mountian icon.
Paste the location of your picture in there.
Click okay.
The photos have to be uploaded somewhere (like the photos section here).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Russ330, I actually tries the vinegar in a small spot but it did not do much, altough it did make the spots less obvious, maybe there is something else that can be used w/o messing up the clear coat... let me try the sig...Thanks!!

·
Mod Squad
10,009 Posts
^No problem. Glad I could help. :)

We've got a detailing forum on the site too. Try searching around there for more tips. Usually the vinegar trick takes care of everything. Next step would probably be to use a clay bar (search over in the detailing forum for clay bar info). If the clay bar doesn't work, then I don't know, might have to take it to a pro. :dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RUSS:
Thanks for the tip for the sig.... now I just have to re-size my bigall pic.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
beast said:
Hello Guys

Anybody has a tip to get rid of hard water stains? My car got showered over the week end (I know...dumb me...). I have washed it, waxed it and no luck!.
Thanks!

Oh, something else...can somebody just tell me how can I edit my sig to include a picture? Call me dumb but I just can't nail this!!
go to autozone and get zymol to wash your car. :thumbup:

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
if they are etched into your paint, where washing the car wont remove them, i would purchase a porter cable DA polisher and various 3m products. not only will it remove the water spots, but the end results with this polisher are to die for. every enthusiast sohuld own one! (absolutely essential if you own a black car.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts