E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Über-Geek
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a bump on the LIE and all of a sudden my driver side factory xenon went out.. whenever i turn the lights on it flickers and then stops..

Whats a factory bulb replacement gonna cost me?

Thanks
~T|/\/\

·
Über-Geek
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats just F ucking Great... just what I needed.. i wonder if i can get my service advisor to replace it under warantee..

~T|/\/\

·
Über-Geek
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't wanna upgrade them i actually really like the stock look.. i guess i'm strange around these parts... i did a quick check of the connections.. nothing appeard to be loose.. and the bulb does appear to try and ignight so i'm guessing its the bulb.

~T|/\/\

·
Registered
848 Posts
if you change only one there never going to match.....my car currently has one "newer" bulb and one that seems to be original....the new bulb isn't as purple or bluish as the older one.

·
No more E46 :(
2,610 Posts
Spiral Prophet said:
i don't wanna upgrade them i actually really like the stock look.. i guess i'm strange around these parts... i did a quick check of the connections.. nothing appeard to be loose.. and the bulb does appear to try and ignight so i'm guessing its the bulb.

~T|/\/\
If you have time, switch the bulbs around (from the driver to the passanger and vice versa) to determine if it's the bulb or the ballast.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Spiral Prophet said:

~T|/\/\
I'm selling my OEM bulbs if your interested.

·
Registered
628 Posts
There's a good chance it will be replaced under warranty. I would just go to the dealer and say it went out and see what they have to say.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Über-Geek
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackChrome said:
If you have time, switch the bulbs around (from the driver to the passanger and vice versa) to determine if it's the bulb or the ballast.
yeah that was definetly my next move.. gonna have to do that tommorow in the light..

how do you take out the xenon bulbs.. do they just come out the back of the housing like a normal bulb?

~T|/\/\

·
Registered
848 Posts
BlackChrome said:
A little OT but:
Yea can someone explain to me how to get the damn bulb out of the housing because i want to make sure it's the bulbs that are diff color so i can sleep easier at night. (little things like this piss me off so much). I can get the wires off the bulb but i can't get the bulb out of the actual light. Do i twist that black ring or what? and can i break anything from there??

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,273 Posts
I have a pair of stock (OEM) 4300K D2S bulbs, if you are interested just in case your bulb did went out.

·
Über-Geek
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gonna stop by the dealer today and see what happens under warantee.. if they don't do it.. i'll probably send you guys a pm who offered bulbs for sale..

Thanks
~T|/\/\

·
Registered
770 Posts
Spiral Prophet said:
Hit a bump on the LIE and all of a sudden my driver side factory xenon went out.. whenever i turn the lights on it flickers and then stops..

Thanks
~T|/\/\
Oh, come on! the LIE can't be THAT bad!!

hehe, J/K we hit a few bumps in queens last night where they are repaving that were SOOO harsh, it felt like driving up a curb at 60.

For people who don't live around here, I don't think you can appreciate how bad the roads here are. I really want a set of Alpina 18s but I am terrified they will bend the second I get on the LIE.

-Jer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts