E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today had to be a ****ty ass day for me. I called off work to go file my taxes and go down to the Covina Police Dept. to file an application supplemental to my current CHP process. So, I also decided to pick my girlfriend up and go to lunch with her (yep, I'm a nice kinda guy! :D ).
So, while waiting in the lobby of her place of employment, I notice a white/silver colored dot on my tire. As I approached the passenger side rear tire, I noticed a screw lodged in between the tread. Just my f---ing luck! This was the same tire that went flat on New Years Eve due to a nail, that I had to get patched up. So I'm thinking, "damn, call off of work and get a screw. I'm never calling off again." So I head home, and as I get to my city, Sport mode goes on and I drive a bit "spirited" through the smaller, less automobile inhabited streets.
I get to my street, and give the M3 just one more burst of speed while heading to the mailbox to check for my latest issue of Motor Trend. As I get out of the car, I hear a loud hissing. My first impression was...."hissing brakes? Are they that damn hot?" Silly me, as I almost immediately notice that the sound is from the hole in my tire. Apparently my spirited driving dis-lodged (<--is that a word? :dunno: ) the screw that was stuck in the tire. The air was leaking fast, and I was pissed.
So I pull out the compressor, and start using the sealant, only to realize that the s--t is empty from the last time I used it. "F--K, I yell!" So I head to Discount Tires to get my tire patched, only to find out that they aren't equipped for nicely polished (or powdercoated for that matter) rims. What the hell? A tire shop, and you guys don't have up-to-date technology. So they got the finger! :flipoff:
I then head to Big-O Tires (which is where I went the last few times I had tires issues with cars) to get my tire fixed. On the way there, I had to stop every 2-3 city blocks to put air in the tire, so my compressor stayed plugged into the socket. After about 5-6 stops, I finally made it to Big-O. Now I'm all fine & dandy thinking that my tire would be patched for $12 (again!!!! :banghead: ), only to find out that the new hole is 1 inch from the last hole, and the patch is covering that area. Translation??? I had to get a brand new tire!!! :ben: $309.00 out the door, and the tire won't be in until tomorrow. My car is sitting at Big-O on the tire lift, one rim off, and me pissed. What a sh-tty ass day!

The only good thing I noticed was how much attention was paid to the M3's suspension, brakes, etc. There are M3 logos on the stock brakes (as well almost everything under the car..i.e...fenderwell lining, plastic coverings under the car, etc), and the suspension is intricate.

Damn I'm pissed! :ben:

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
690 Posts
Sorry to hear that but you only had a flat tire. You should trade me for a day and deal with all the politics and the [email protected] F-16 Fighters taking off in burner every 2 damn minutes!

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Sorry to hear, Bro.

Why did you drive so fast with a screw in your tire? At least you got home alive, so your day can't be all that bad.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
sorry to hear about your day man.

lol its funny trying to imagine you driving and stopping every second to fill up air in your tire! i would have at least made the guy fill the air, with me buckled in the drivers seat and having both hands on the steering wheel, ready to take off using every bit of air till the next stop :lmao:

if it makes you feel any better, i got 3 flats in less than a year :dunno:

·
Law Enforcer
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malladawg said:
Sorry to hear, Bro.

Why did you drive so fast with a screw in your tire? At least you got home alive, so your day can't be all that bad.
Well, it's just like any other time when you get a nail or screw in your tire. You just keep on driving. Most times it doesn't even result in a flat tire, so I thought nothing about it. But this particular tire just had a string of bad luck. You're right though, it could have been worse. This could have happened at speed on the freeway. I am lucky to have made it home and for it to have went flat on my block instead of at 70MPH!

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
Damn, is $309.00 dollars the normal price for those tires? What kind of tires do you have, pilot sports?

·
Law Enforcer
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Double Vanos said:
Damn, is $309.00 dollars the normal price for those tires? What kind of tires do you have, pilot sports?
19" Continentals!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow, *****y lucky.....

But does the tire that good "swrewed" :lmao: have any warrenty. I notice that some tire manufacture offers road hazard warrenty....

·
Registered
352 Posts
but at the end of the night u still have somethin to poke on, man what i would give......lol :lmao: :lmao:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
19"s or 18"s ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel your pain...to a lesser extent.

When I pulled into the parking garage here at work I heard a tapping sound that I knew immediatly was not good. I was hoping maybe I had a rock in one of my tires. When I parked I looked at my tire to see a big arse nail jammed in it. It is pretty thick and not in all the way. The head is bent at a 90 degree angle. It doesn't look like it lost much air but regardless I will be changing the tire tonight before I go home.

I hate F'ing nails. I had a nail in one of my 19's not to long ago.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did you take it to TK performance, cause i always use them

kt325ci said:
I feel your pain...to a lesser extent.

When I pulled into the parking garage here at work I heard a tapping sound that I knew immediatly was not good. I was hoping maybe I had a rock in one of my tires. When I parked I looked at my tire to see a big arse nail jammed in it. It is pretty thick and not in all the way. The head is bent at a 90 degree angle. It doesn't look like it lost much air but regardless I will be changing the tire tonight before I go home.

I hate F'ing nails. I had a nail in one of my 19's not to long ago.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
This just happened this morning so yeah I plan on taking it there soon. They seem like good guys there. I just had them patch me up when I got a nail few weeks ago.

sanman10535 said:
Did you take it to TK performance, cause i always use them

:thumbup:

·
Law Enforcer
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CtrlAltDel said:
309 for one tire

damn you got ripped off
You have to remember this is a 19 x 9.5...35 series tire. The Pirelli's were 379.00 and I didn't want one mix-matched tire. The $309.00 for the Continental was the cheapest price I've seen for that tire.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
hey Inline sorry to hear you had such a tough day bro.
I had a similar experience on a Sunday when I was just about to enjoy a nice brunch with frenz.
Flats suck, especially when you need to replace the tire and dish out for the retail price at the nearest tire shop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts