E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scared the sh*t out of me

Eibach pro kit springs with sportpackage shocks = bad????

I do NOT want this to happen to me.... Shiet, 15,000$!!

Should I get rid of the springs or what? Will I have any type of problem. I am not changing the shocks

·
Registered
349 Posts
your over that ish bro...one in a million and its not 15k, more like 2k and again very rare...just shut up and put 'em in...you'll be so relieved that you are no longer four wheel drive that any fear of faulty subframe will be washed away...good luck...Matt

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
shouldn't be a prob with the eibach

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am still going to put them in, but now I am scared they will do damage to my car --- I dont want to have to go through the crap, especially with MY dealership, for christs sake they wouldnt replace a 25$ tail light cover

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
DropTopBM said:
Well I am still going to put them in, but now I am scared they will do damage to my car --- I dont want to have to go through the crap, especially with MY dealership, for christs sake they wouldnt replace a 25$ tail light cover
go to a different dealer

·
The Man you Love to Hate
259 Posts
Fankie,
Knowing the streets of NYC as I do. You better ride nice and slow no matter what you decide.

Even new shocks, or coilovers with NYC abuse will not be cheap :D

However, if you drive slow like me, then you shouldnt have any probs (but thats no fun)

best of luck bro

·
Registered
278 Posts
silroc said:
Fankie,
Knowing the streets of NYC as I do. You better ride nice and slow no matter what you decide.

Even new shocks, or coilovers with NYC abuse will not be cheap :D

However, if you drive slow like me, then you shouldnt have any probs (but thats no fun)

best of luck bro

true, nyc street just get sh*ttier and sh*ttier

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm either doing cupkit or nothing....even though this is probably rare, it does happen. Combined with the fact that your stock shocks will definately wear out in time, it makes complete sense. 250 for springs vs 550-600 for cup kit? It's kind of a no-brainer to me....especially if you plan on keeping the car for a while.

·
F22C1
973 Posts
if you are driving your car daily and are worried about harming the bodykit and/or getting into warranty trouble..i would say fvck it. i think your car looks good anyway and the factory drop is pretty good as is. the only ppl who will recognize the drop is the "fanatics."
do what makes you happy

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
the way that i figure it, there are many people out there runnin just springs no shocks. in reality, what happened to that guy will only happen to a small percentage of people. plus, i highly doubt a 15k repair bill, form what i understand, in most cases it's being covered under warrenty.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
i had the problem back in sept and i'm having it again now. the dealership made a weak weld on the subframe and the weld started to rip, now they refuse to cover their workmanship. don't worry Frankie, just be careful while driving, and if it does happen, make sure u contact bmwna if the dealership refuses to pay cuz they do cover this. don't let them f*ck u over like they did me back in sept and are trying to do now.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I might just get shocks..... Although i dont want to.... Can someone explain exactly what the cupkit is? and where is the best place to buy shocks for good price...

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
DropTopBM said:
I think I might just get shocks..... Although i dont want to.... Can someone explain exactly what the cupkit is? and where is the best place to buy shocks for good price...
i'd like to know best place for shocks too :)

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am looking at the bilstein shocks.... are these the best to go with the eibach pro kit? also, are they easy to install if you are already putting in springs... and most important, will it lower the car more?

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
get coilovers i had those on my 00 and then switched to ground control coilover the ride was a little better but still crappy ill never lower my car again though...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts