E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

44241 - 44260 of 44280 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
291 Posts
Changed the diff oil and brake fluid.
On to the next job. Auto tranny flush and filter next.

·
Registered
2006 325ci
15 Posts
Today I started wrapping my interior with carbon fiber vinyl. Next is debating if I should cut open my diamond key because the battery finally died. Kinda hesitant but better than paying full price for the dealership just to swap out the battery

·
Registered
2006 325ci
15 Posts
I actually didn't have to really fix anything but it had been windy here in Phx for the past few days so I just wiped my car and engine down. Started trying to dress up my engine and bay. Next I'll probably swap out the hoses for red if anyone has any other color suggestion.

·
Registered
2006 325ci
15 Posts
Thx for the heads up. That's my only key so believe me when I say I have studied the shit out of multiple videos online lol.I actually found a battery on amazon that comes already with battery holder and has the prongs attached to the battery that solders into the board. Just some quick soldering. The hard part is cutting into it w/o messing anything up but thx for the heads up on what lookout for cuz if I F this up I'm screwed lol

·
Registered
E46 320d touring 2002
277 Posts
Thx for the heads up. That's my only key so believe me when I say I have studied the shit out of multiple videos online lol.I actually found a battery on amazon that comes already with battery holder and has the prongs attached to the battery that solders into the board. Just some quick soldering. The hard part is cutting into it w/o messing anything up but thx for the heads up on what lookout for cuz if I F this up I'm screwed lol
I would heat a cutter with a lighter and slowly cut/melt the plastic, this will require less strength so less risk of cutting one electrical component.
Good luck

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
725 Posts
Today I started wrapping my interior with carbon fiber vinyl. Next is debating if I should cut open my diamond key because the battery finally died. Kinda hesitant but better than paying full price for the dealership just to swap out the battery
Buy an ak90 key programmer and key fobs from Amazon. One of the best 90 bucks I ever spent. You can program a new key easy. Only thing is those ak90s are hit and miss. I sent back two before I got one that worked right.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
725 Posts

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
725 Posts
Did a ghettofab mod today..... cut up the airbox for the cone filter to fit inside.

The plan is to later put a heat shield around it.

But, if this works fine. F it. I'll leave it.

Look hard and you can see just the tip poking out.

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
291 Posts
Tranny oil change, flush and new filter today. Glad I did it as the old oil was a nasty grey. Nice easy job.
Pulleys next!

44241 - 44260 of 44280 Posts