E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

44201 - 44220 of 44280 Posts

·
Registered
M54 330i
501 Posts
The ones on eBay are ~$30 pair so end up being significantly less expensive than even the MM ones from FCP Euro. Those are the ones that I was referring dude to.

You have to put the elbow grease into restoring what you've got since the lenses aren't removable on the Cis and as such there aren't any inexpensive replacements available.
The $25 or so chinese ones from ebay turn yellow within 1 year or less. FYI.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
The $25 or so chinese ones from ebay turn yellow within 1 year or less. FYI.
I have a set of Chinese ones from Amazon that have been on for 2 years, now, with no yellowing. Can't remember which ones I got, though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I will add that I waxed mine last spring when I waxed the whole car. Why not, right? If it protects the paint it will protect the lenses, too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Replaced the ccv system and upgraded it to the cold climate version. It was a bigger pita that I had hoped for but all is (almost) good now. Got it all back together last night to find the the air distributor on top of the intake had one of the ports break off. Still not sure how I managed to do that. First time I’ve ever JB-Welded anything lol but it is holding for now until the new one shows up.

Out of curiosity I opened up the ccv unit and found the diaphragm was torn along the outside edge about 1/4 way around, so that must have been the failure. It was consuming a quart of oil about every 400 miles. Also fixed a good number of vacuum leaks while in there too. Running pretty good again. It just rolled 200k miles last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
6,721 Posts
Installed a new rear main seal and cleaned out the broken pieces of the hard lines on my to-be-swapped 330.

I hate swapping the hard lines.

Waiting on new timing chains and then she gets re-assembled.

·
Registered
2004 325ci
413 Posts
Polished my headlights, replaced my warped rotors under warranty, put a new air filter in & got a new alignment after the last one was a little out. Also gave the interior a good clean & started to redye my 'new' rear shelf black so I can maybe do my sunshade retrofit this weekend.

·
Registered
BMW 325i 2001 Manual
400 Posts
Put in black headliner and all bits in (huge difference from the grey), cleaned out injectors and replaced o-rings, the 20 y.o o-rings were stiff and flat, also cleaned out the injector holes in the intake.

Next on the list is gloss black window trim and shadow line. Still waiting on some parts for that though, also waiting on an FCP order for fuel pump, filter, n62 vanos solenoid seals and my e46 fan shroud screw. Damned screw has been missing since I got the car, it has a carpenters screw in there and I never found an original screw at a pick n pull, finally found it at FCP.

·
Super Moderator
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
6,721 Posts
My car is breaking at a faster rate than i can fix it
I was there. I finally figured out that fix it when it breaks is a full-time job after 150k miles, and you can be happier if you just do a few refresh projects
  • suspension
  • shifter/propshaft
  • intake

The intake refresh guide is in my sig.

I have done exactly zero work on my convertible (except wiring for rear fogs and oil changes) in almost two years

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was there. I finally figured out that fix it when it breaks is a full-time job after 150k miles, and you can be happier if you just do a few refresh projects
  • suspension
  • shifter/propshaft
  • intake

The intake refresh guide is in my sig.

I have done exactly zero work on my convertible (except wiring for rear fogs and oil changes) in almost two years
I do have all the parts to do the intake and hard pipes waiting to go in soon as it warmer/dryer here now in the UK.I am having recent new parts failing.

·
Super Moderator
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
6,721 Posts
I do have all the parts to do the intake and hard pipes waiting to go in soon as it warmer/dryer here now in the UK.I am having recent new parts failing.
That is terrible!

What parts? Are there manufacturers we should avoid?

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Yesterday I got a fair bit done on my touring. Swapped the rear shocks side to side chasing a clunk, safety and emissions inspection, alignment, and (most important!) fixed my phone holder that had gone a bit limp.

·
Super Moderator
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
6,721 Posts
Yesterday I got a fair bit done on my touring. Swapped the rear shocks side to side chasing a clunk, safety and emissions inspection, alignment, and (most important!) fixed my phone holder that had gone a bit limp.

Have you looked at the differential and subframe mounts?

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Have you looked at the differential and subframe mounts?
I did replace the diff mounts already and the subframe looks OK, for now.

I did find a loose plastic collar on one of the Konis that secured with a ziptie. The noise started after replacing the upper shock mounts and reinstalling these shocks. The noise seems better since I swapped the shocks around, but I still hear it occasionally, and it followed the shock to the other side of the car. I'm thinking it's time to see how Koni does with their warranty.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Turns out the diff is knackered so back to the shop and a 3.38 diff going in next week

·
Registered
298 Posts
Got new shoes, picked up a set of michelin pilot sport A/S 4's for my xi touring. Definitely liking the look and feel so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

44201 - 44220 of 44280 Posts