BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

44041 - 44060 of 44063 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Replaced the strut mounts and associated hardware on my koni yellows.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Neighborhood is getting crazy and my car was hit in a mass egging attack. We do not negotiate with terrorists in this household.
Set up a janky but effective surveillance system as a part of my home server. Love combining my love for my car with my career interests.
Sure doesn't do shit for my ADHD though. This is where I have to work on my car now :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually hissed at my screen after seeing those first set of pics. Gonna grab my old girl nice and tight. Great job restoring it. May I suggest a new wiper fluid tank with some blue fluid - really improves the bays aesthetic.
hey what’s goin on? Just wondering, was that comment to my picture posts? Lol I feel they were and if so, I already ordered the wiper fluid reservoir, trust me, I have ocd and m a perfectionist, and shit like that bothers me

·
Registered
193 Posts
Installed a Viofo A129 Plus Duo 2k 2-channel front and rear dash cams in the e46 a couple days ago. Very nice camera! 150 bucks on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Neighborhood is getting crazy and my car was hit in a mass egging attack. We do not negotiate with terrorists in this household.
Set up a janky but effective surveillance system as a part of my home server. Love combining my love for my car with my career interests.
Sure doesn't do shit for my ADHD though. This is where I have to work on my car now :mad:

View attachment 917765
Can’t go wrong with a good camera system. I have a nice 4-camera system, I’ve caught all kinds of stuff on it, even caught someone slashing the neighbors tires. Surveillance cameras have came along way, I’ve got a couple hidden ones as well that have served their purspose well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
hey what’s goin on? Just wondering, was that comment to my picture posts? Lol I feel they were and if so, I already ordered the wiper fluid reservoir, trust me, I have ocd and m a perfectionist, and shit like that bothers me
you did a great job cleaning it up it looks good - I was referring to the first couple of pictures when you bought/received the car in its really dirty and leafy condition. Good thinking on the reservoir we're similar in that regard.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welded up my slip-joint headers in preparation for thermal coating.
Finished welding the sway-bar reinforcement kit onto the subframe and started adding reinforcement to the diff area so I can jack the rear in one go.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
3,501 Posts
Installed a Viofo A129 Plus Duo 2k 2-channel front and rear dash cams in the e46 a couple days ago. Very nice camera! 150 bucks on sale.

I've had its predecessor, the A119, for several years and have been very happy with it. Its footage has been useful numerous times. The A129 is the one that I'd go with if I had to buy today too. I think you'll be happy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had its predecessor, the A119, for several years and have been very happy with it. Its footage has been useful numerous times. The A129 is the one that I'd go with if I had to buy today too. I think you'll be happy.
I’ve went thru like 3 or 4 cheaper dash cams over the years, never really liked any of them, but they were cheap so I can’t complain. They worked ok. So far I love this one. A lot of very good features. Picture quality on both cams are great both day and night.

·
Registered
155 Posts
finally got these Fifteen 52's that were discountinued mounted and threw them on the 330 project with a set of TruHart Coilovers (Sponsored) cheap but dependable , new rotors and pads and the calipers were painted, Just now need to fine tune the height. The wheels are 20x9 35 offset, square set up.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Avin Avant4 showed up, Bavsound kit on the way. New radiator to go in because I couldn't plug the tiniest pinhole in the plastic behind the upper hose. New battery with master disconnect just installed. New shift knob. New rubber insert for my key fob. Registration renewed (yay).

Seems like my GM5 unit just crapped out. What was that guys name again who does the repairs...scott? Does he still do that? What's his site?(I tried searching, it's a mess, bad filter settings)

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,893 Posts
Avin Avant4 showed up, Bavsound kit on the way. New radiator to go in because I couldn't plug the tiniest pinhole in the plastic behind the upper hose. New battery with master disconnect just installed. New shift knob. New rubber insert for my key fob. Registration renewed (yay).

Seems like my GM5 unit just crapped out. What was that guys name again who does the repairs...scott? Does he still do that? What's his site?(I tried searching, it's a mess, bad filter settings)
Scott Johnson BMWGM5.com

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Scott Johnson BMWGM5.com
Thank you sir! Though I think my key battery may need replacing, the red light isn't blinking.

Went to install my head unit and the joker on eBay who sold me the relocation bracket sent me the version that is for the sunglasses holder. YES, I went back and carefully looked at the listing pictures and the correct one was photographed and the correct PN was used in the listing but I got the wrong part. So now my dash/console is disassembled and in the back seat.

·
Registered
2005 325i Auto
225 Posts
I managed to extract the ludicrously stupidly placed bolts that hold the starter motor in and removed it.

If I'm going through all this crap with the intake manifold off, I'm going to splash out on a brand new starter with 3 year warranty. I really hope not to be going back in there.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Replaced the original fuel pump today from 04/03 build date @ 172,799 miles. It wasn't quite totally dead, but it had caused the car to stall once and was hard to restart. When I pulled it into the driveway off the street I could feel the pump prime through the whole car. New VDO pump went in easy-peasy and primed silently when I turned the key on. Cleared my misfire and fuel mixture faults using the bimmer-tool lite app on my Galaxy s10e and my Bimmer Geeks K-can+D cable and USB to USB-C adapter. Runs great, again, and has a full tank of fresh 93 octane, now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 325ci
256 Posts
Chipped a bit of the logo off my airbag detailing the interior this weekend, so I finally decided it was time to get my recalls done for them 😂

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello and Happy 2021❗

After the winter holidays, I have decided to refresh the front axle of my boy.
Ordered pretty much everything, except shocks and tie rods.
Original shocks were more than good, so I have only bought dust sleeve kit for them.

I found hard time to decide, whether to go for LMF control arms or Meyle HD. (Tell me your thoughts about). At the end, due to the bad road quality, I have decided to go for the Meyle ones, because of the changeable ball joints. FCABs are also Meyle HD (fully rubber ones).
Didn't noticed any difference in the ride stiffness, though.

Intercooler -> intake turbo hose, replaced with silicone hose.
Rear brake discs + pads all around (ATE) and front brakes hoses + brake fluid.
Wheels alignment done and my boy is ready for the road again. 😼

Pictures coming:
20210107_154853.jpg

20201025_163046.jpg 20201017_175420.jpg 20210115_141241.jpg

44041 - 44060 of 44063 Posts