BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

44021 - 44040 of 44063 Posts

·
Premium Member
E46 330xit, E90 330i
137 Posts
I'm not seeing lens on FCPeuro but I know from past experience if a part doesn't appear listed, enter the part # as search term and the part magically appears.

If someone has 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper on hand already and maybe rubbing compound, wet sand starting with the 1000 grit.

3rd step is the rubbing compound.

4th is polish with whatever auto finish polish.

5th is wax or whatever equivalent.

I can dig a UV coating. That's news to me. Use it with new lens as well.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
3,501 Posts
I'm not seeing lens on FCPeuro but I know from past experience if a part doesn't appear listed, enter the part # as search term and the part magically appears.

If someone has 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper on hand already and maybe rubbing compound, wet sand starting with the 1000 grit.

3rd step is the rubbing compound.

4th is polish with whatever auto finish polish.

5th is wax or whatever equivalent.

I can dig a UV coating. That's news to me. Use it with new lens as well.
The ones on eBay are ~$30 pair so end up being significantly less expensive than even the MM ones from FCP Euro. Those are the ones that I was referring dude to.

I used a meguiars restore kit on my headlights last year, it comes with a UV coat to put on and its lasted me well since then.

You have to put the elbow grease into restoring what you've got since the lenses aren't removable on the Cis and as such there aren't any inexpensive replacements available.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought the MM lenses for my sedan headlights from FCP Euro. The cost was $100 but that is one of the least expensive services I have done to my 19 year old car. (y)
I had purchase a set before in the past from Khoalty and they didn't last. Ended up buying the MM ones from FCPeuro and if they ever fail again the lifetime warranty will take care of that

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
PLEASE update if it was worth the effort. I have seen many do this and said it was not.
I got my car back from the garage,the tracking needs doing,anyway its a different animal,no more clunks and the suspension feels firmer.I purposely drove it on bumpy surfaces and finally its right.It now has meyle hd on all the big bushes front and back and lemforder on the smaller bushes at the back.

·
Registered
05' E46 M3, 77' R100 /7, Duc Multistrada
8 Posts
Picked up my seat today with repaired driver bolster. I didn’t like the idea of dye; and bmw Oem leather seemed non existent, short of ordering a new seat cover. Enter, “Orion Gray” from Mercedes, a perfect match.

Before (also dirty, right after I bought from PO)

After:

·
Premium Member
2003 330ci Convertible Sport package
233 Posts
Picked up my seat today with repaired driver bolster. I didn’t like the idea of dye; and bmw Oem leather seemed non existent, short of ordering a new seat cover. Enter, “Orion Gray” from Mercedes, a perfect match.

Before (also dirty, right after I bought from PO)
View attachment 917521

After:
View attachment 917522
What did they use to fill the cracking if anything?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that he had the panels replaced with new hide.
Just the driver side bolster was replaced. Nothing else except a lot of TLC with some cleaner/conditioner. Mileage is pretty low on the seat, but I’m pretty sure a gorilla had been climbing in and out for most of that time.

·
Premium Member
2003 330ci Convertible Sport package
233 Posts
Just the driver side bolster was replaced. Nothing else except a lot of TLC with some cleaner/conditioner. Mileage is pretty low on the seat, but I’m pretty sure a gorilla had been climbing in and out for most of that time.
Turned out great, and knowing that color is virtually the same as ours, makes me happy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Turned out great, and knowing that color is virtually the same as ours, makes me happy
I spent hours and hours reading forums, looking at eBay for used seats/covers, talked to dealership parts counter, researched leather dye- all trying to match this gray leather. I finally brought the car to an upholstery shop, and the dude brought out a binder and matched it up in 5 minutes. Which is what I should have done in the first place...

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I first bought the car , it was sitting for about a year, and the lady I got the car from hadn’t cone by every week or so to start it up and drive it around the block at least. Anyway, make a long story short, everything dry rotted fron sitting so long. And all fluids were nasty. As well as a dead battery.(we managed to get it up and running and I drove it home, maybe 5 blocks)So far I have done the front control arms,inner and outer tie rods, sway bar link. Front and rear cross drilled and slotted rotors and pads. Most of the cooling system(I kno I kno, very important on these cars) just gotta do the hard lines under the intake.I did the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, new belts(going to do pulleys soon) I’m probably forgetting some things but it’s alright.. also I have quite the list of things I’m going to do to my baby, so keep tuned to see updates. I enclosed some pics of the work so far. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got my car back forom the garage where the diff carrier was replaced,the body mounts were checked and there were no cracks so they proceeded to clean up the surface rust /treat/and underseal.They managed to forget to tighten the upper arm bolt which was on only by a few threads! This is why i prefer to fix my car myself,unfortunately due to my location i had to take it to a garage.The rest of their work i cant fault they had to replace 5 bolts and a linkage broke too,glad i didint suffer the hassle of those things.Anyway i can feel and hear an improvement in the car its stiffer and no clunks when pulling away or no potholes.The tracking needs doing next week and after that i will level the car on bits of wood and inject epoxy into the rear cavity that the diff carrier bolts to.Heres a gratuitous picture of it as it stands.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I actually hissed at my screen after seeing those first set of pics. Gonna grab my old girl nice and tight. Great job restoring it. May I suggest a new wiper fluid tank with some blue fluid - really improves the bays aesthetic.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's been a little while guys. I moved out of my last house with a garage and nice driveway into the city with a small parking spot. It's been hard to find the motivation amongst all this shit.

Yesterday I took an hour removing my trunk lock for the first time, cleaning it and re-installing. The dirty key hole always pissed me off and is hard/risky to clean while it's in place. I highly recommend cleaning your holes. Substantial difference looking at the rear. Sex.

44021 - 44040 of 44063 Posts