BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

43961 - 43974 of 43974 Posts

·
Registered
2004 325ci
244 Posts
Got a fresh alignment after replacing both tie rods (again), mounted a set of General Altimax Arctic 12's on my summer wheels which will now be my winter setup & centered my ski box. Almost winter ready now, just needs some fresh fluids & maybe a remote starter.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Finished up the cooling system and bled the system. Will check coolant level in the morning when it's cold and clean/assemble the intake.

Meanwhile took out the rear diff to clean it, reseal the cover and replace the seals.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Schwartz/Montana 330xiT 6 speed , 2004 330xi auto for the GF
112 Posts
Did a 330 front brake swap on my touring a few days ago. Sandblasted and painted the caliper brackets, new zimmerman rotors, akebono pads and ecs ss brake lines. Setup feels good, with maybe a slight increase in the brake feel, but hardly noticeable. I will probably keep the stock. 325xi brakes in the rear and just replace rotors pads and put the ss lines on.
It paid off quickly because on the first 20mile drive to work I had to slam on the brakes in the left lane and went from 80-0 real fast... Glad they work but would have rather not tested them so soon...

Also went ahead and had a local guy recover the heated steering wheel I put in a few weeks ago.. the old leather was very worn and I wanted something a little nicer than the stock leather. The suede with the M-STITCH seemed to be the nicest option to me and decided to put the red center mark on too,(street cred) fairly happy with the job, but I am very picky and there is probably a small bit of new leather that needs to be tucked in or glued down a bit more.. overall huge improvement over the stock leather, and the heated suede feels so nice in the cold mornings( 26F last night.)

Now... What's next??? Exhaust headers??? Carbon fiber sunroof delete?? Ohh maybe I should try and resolve the oil consumption issue first... :/

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,879 Posts
Did a 330 front brake swap on my touring a few days ago. Sandblasted and painted the caliper brackets, new zimmerman rotors, akebono pads and ecs ss brake lines. Setup feels good, with maybe a slight increase in the brake feel, but hardly noticeable. I will probably keep the stock. 325xi brakes in the rear and just replace rotors pads and put the ss lines on.
I'm curious as to why on this one. Your Xi already has the trailing arms that you need for the larger parking brake, unlike my 325i, so all that you would need are calipers and brackets to complete the swap.

·
Registered
2004 Schwartz/Montana 330xiT 6 speed , 2004 330xi auto for the GF
112 Posts
I'm curious as to why on this one. Your Xi already has the trailing arms that you need for the larger parking brake, unlike my 325i, so all that you would need are calipers and brackets to complete the swap.
I didn't know that the 325xi trailing arms were the same as the 330xi, so maybe I'll go for the rear 330xi calipers too.. I just didn't want to go through the trailing arms if I wasn't also dropping the rear subframe and doing all those bushings too... Should take that project, but haven't had any issues even with the 212000 miles on the car. It drives amazing! Thanks for the tip tho! I'll have to source a set of rear calipers now...

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,879 Posts
I didn't know that the 325xi trailing arms were the same as the 330xi, so maybe I'll go for the rear 330xi calipers too.. I just didn't want to go through the trailing arms if I wasn't also dropping the rear subframe and doing all those bushings too... Should take that project, but haven't had any issues even with the 212000 miles on the car. It drives amazing! Thanks for the tip tho! I'll have to source a set of rear calipers now...
Yeah, 325Xi uses the same trailing arm as 330i and 330Xi.

In addition to 330i and 330Ci keep your eyes open for 3.0 E83 X3 as caliper and bracket donors too. They use the same brakes.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Yeah, 325Xi uses the same trailing arm as 330i and 330Xi.

In addition to 330i and 330Ci keep your eyes open for 3.0 E83 X3 as caliper and bracket donors too. They use the same brakes.
The 330i and 330 xi use the same axles too.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
what taillight recall?

i expect better from u.
There's a recall for inadequate grounding for the tail lights which can result in melted wiring and bulb trays. I don't recall exactly which years it applies to, but you can call your local dealership to check if it applies and/or has been completed. I've only seen one come through for it in my first year at a dealership.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
It went into limp mode and even disconnecting the battery would not remove it.
FYI. Not sure you don't have a real issue, however, I can verify one case where an error causing limp mode was only cleared via INPA i.e. disconnecting the battery was insufficient. Before chasing too far, may want to record and clear errors with INPA, then see if it returns. GL

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,792 Posts
Installed the ZHP exhaust that I had picked up a couple of weeks ago. Really happy with the look over the 325i little tips, really really happy with the sound!

Love the sound of the ZHP can. So much nicer. (y)

43961 - 43974 of 43974 Posts