BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

43921 - 43940 of 43974 Posts

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,879 Posts
Installed some yellow bulbs in my high's (which I just found out are useless since I have Bi-Xenons lol), LED license plate bulbs, swapped over to my winter wheels + tires, added rubber gaskets to my E9x roof rack bases to make it look flush, threw my ski box on & finally got around to fixing the famous coupe window regulator cable rattle.

Next up a coolant flush & replace my already 10 month old tie rods that are already shot. :rolleyes:
Yeah, the inners are coded to be just flash-to-pass in the US, but you can code them to come on with the high beams, and to leave your driving lights lit on high beam also, with NCS Expert. It's glorious.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Had my first Crank last Thursday. It started first try! IT was rough at first and died on its own, but after a few cycles and a code clear it seemed to run pretty good! I was hunting Friday- Sun, but I'm hoping to finish filling up the transmission and getting my front suspension put back together and hopefully take it for a drive! It's been a long road and I couldn't have done it without the help of the forums!

·
Registered
2004 325ci
244 Posts
Yeah, the inners are coded to be just flash-to-pass in the US, but you can code them to come on with the high beams, and to leave your driving lights lit on high beam also, with NCS Expert. It's glorious.
That would make sense as it is an American car that was imported up here. I was planning on looking into coding things as I want to code the fogs to stay on at the very least lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. New here. I recently bought 2002 E46 323i swapped with M54B25 and its bone stock.
help me pick which path should I choose:
1. swap with built 1JZ turbocharged
2. change internals of M54 & put on a turbo kit.

which path would be less cumbersome on pocket? and yield highest juice?

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,792 Posts
Oil pan gasket and other items while I am there

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Good on ya. Just did mine a few months ago in my E46 and E53. So nice to have a dry under carriage again in both cars. (y)

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
546 Posts
A huge diy, honestly more difficult even form retrofitting an lsd, the refurbishment of the interior trims. Dismantling the pieces and separate painting. Also I'll fill them some hard foam after the assembly so they won't creak never again

·
Registered
'02 E46 330ci SMG
77 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna have to buy the c3BMW coolant rebuilt kit... Anyone have a list or link to a list of other general maintenance kits I can buy for the car whilst I'm at it? May as well do all the cheap-is gaskets etc. whilst the car is off the road. It's overdue a good overhaul.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,879 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna have to buy the c3BMW coolant rebuilt kit... Anyone have a list or link to a list of other general maintenance kits I can buy for the car whilst I'm at it? May as well do all the cheap-is gaskets etc. whilst the car is off the road. It's overdue a good overhaul.
Looks like that kit includes the temp sensor that goes in the lower rad hose, but not the one that goes in the bottom of the expansion tank that frequently breaks when you're trying to get it out, nor does it include any of the heater hoses or the hard pipes under the intake. How many miles are on your car? I skipped the hard pipes at 100k, but definitely did them just now at 200k.

·
Registered
'02 E46 330ci SMG
77 Posts
Looks like that kit includes the temp sensor that goes in the lower rad hose, but not the one that goes in the bottom of the expansion tank that frequently breaks when you're trying to get it out, nor does it include any of the heater hoses or the hard pipes under the intake. How many miles are on your car? I skipped the hard pipes at 100k, but definitely did them just now at 200k.
I'm on 119k, its booked in for a look why its leaking coolant on Tuesday

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,696 Posts
Refresh the intake. Parts list in my signature

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Did my hard pipes at 160K, not leaking but were due. That's the automatic trans thermostat at the bottom of the expansion tank , not a sensor and it will break when you pull tank if it's the original.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Working on replacing the rear end bushings - diff, trailing arm and the outer upper and lower control arm.

The rtab and the big diff bushing required the most effort to remove.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
Added Liqui Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush, ran ten minutes, drained, replaced filter and refilled with Castrol EDGE 5W-30. Mine runs happier with 5W30 so saving the Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 for next summer. Prior oil wasn't bad but blackish after engine flush. Appeared to remove fair amount of buildup at 117k miles.

Removed expansion tank plug and cap, drained, refilled with distilled water, and set to max heat before above run. Then removed plug and cap and... nothing drained. Removed the bleed screw, and nothing drained... Float sitting above max. Pushed it; sank and bobbed right back. No cooling/heat issues to date, 70F here, and engine temp just above midpoint. New and odd behavior to me. Speak up if obvious otherwise I’ll dig further tomorrow.

Edit: following morning float had dropped; likely air in the system. Refilled, bleed, and ran. Then drained block and expansion tank and refilled with BMW coolant. All is well

·
Registered
2004 Schwartz/Montana 330xiT 6 speed , 2004 330xi auto for the GF
112 Posts
Updated to the x3/x5 heated steering wheel in the wagon last night. Just had to replace clock spring wheel and airbag and ran two wires from the clock spring over to the center console. Used pre-wired phone harness for 12v switched power. Replaced the stock 5a fuse with a 10a and everything works great! Got the amber trio warning afterwards and was confused, but I bumped the brake switch on the pedal when I was wiring.. such a good mod and fairly easy to do. Only paid 250 for the entire x5 steering column with all the parts and then some. Going to have this wheel locally recovered in the next few weeks with suede and m- stitch! Stay tuned!

43921 - 43940 of 43974 Posts