BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

19761 - 19780 of 43802 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've got a Mason Engineering rear strut brace in my 330i. I dropped it in just after I swapped to a cf csl trunk, as I did with the ECS bar up front when I got a cf hood, in both cases I felt the added support was necessary to help account for the structural integrity sacrificed in swapping out steel oem for aftermarket plastic.

I think they both made a difference but its hard to tell how much, it certainly wasn't as significant as say, swapping out the stock sways for Turner sport bars, or throwing in the Bilsteins PSS9s. I don't see how adding additional lateral support can ever do anything but help though, some say that difference between split seats and non is fairly significant so, I should think you'd appreciate the benefit. The guy I bought mine from actually has another for sale. I bet you could get it for $125 and Mason stuff is hand made race craft not off the shelf mass production, not that my cf ECS front bar, which is, is anything but fine.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
That does sound intriguing. 125 isn't bad but is it worth paying double price if you can get aluminum ones online?

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
I've got a Mason Engineering rear strut brace in my 330i. I dropped it in just after I swapped to a cf csl trunk, as I did with the ECS bar up front when I got a cf hood, in both cases I felt the added support was necessary to help account for the structural integrity sacrificed in swapping out steel oem for aftermarket plastic.

I think they both made a difference but its hard to tell how much, it certainly wasn't as significant as say, swapping out the stock sways for Turner sport bars, or throwing in the Bilsteins PSS9s. I don't see how adding additional lateral support can ever do anything but help though, some say that difference between split seats and non is fairly significant so, I should think you'd appreciate the benefit. The guy I bought mine from actually has another for sale. I bet you could get it for $125 and Mason stuff is hand made race craft not off the shelf mass production, not that my cf ECS front bar, which is, is anything but fine.

The trunk and hood aren't structural so you didn't need it for those reasons. It's a cool mod though. Are you saying you have the split seats? I wonder what kind of difference there really is b/w split seats and the non-folding ones in terms of stiffness. Whatever the difference, your car is surely stiffer than either setup now.:thumbup: Do you have pics of this bar? Does it kill the folding seat's purpose?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Received my LCM that I ordered off of eBay today. I bought one from a 2003 325i and received one from a 2000 328i.

RRRRRAAAAAGE!

eBay complaint comin' up! :facepalm:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Received my LCM that I ordered off of eBay today. I bought one from a 2003 325i and received one from a 2000 328i.

RRRRRAAAAAGE!

eBay complaint comin' up! :facepalm:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: * What did you do to/for your E46 today? *

I gave my girl a polish and wax / gloss started her yesterday but got to hot on the paint so been on her this morning for the last 3 hours, just a clean inside and sorted, next task is sort out my alloys!
Where u get Ur wheel from ?
That's mine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Where u get Ur wheel from ?
That's mine

They where on when I bought it mate, although I am not to sure on them! May look better next week when I do callipers bright red :)

Nice wheels I like the 7 spoke in black, what colour is car? Looks similar colour to mine in that light the pic taken!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Installed UUC clutch bushings. Definitely tightened up some excess play, but didn't do a thing to stop the squeaking. Guess it's coming from the other side of the firewall.

The directions made absolutely no sense at all. Maybe for a different car? Listed quite a few more steps than it took. Don't know the reason for the stock ones being split.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts

They where on when I bought it mate, although I am not to sure on them! May look better next week when I do callipers bright red :)

Nice wheels I like the 7 spoke in black, what colour is car? Looks similar colour to mine in that light the pic taken!
Its the same color as yours

·
Registered
330 Posts

Installed H&R Coilovers today

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app

Attachments

19761 - 19780 of 43802 Posts