BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

43741 - 43760 of 43804 Posts

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,381 Posts
21Nm? wow. i knew (felt) too tight.
so, should i loosen? it was on ramp, so weight on the suspension.
If the fastener was going to fail because you stretched it too much it likely already would have. I'd leave it for now, but check tis for fastener torques first, or at least consult a torque chart for fastener size and grade. Even 12.9 grade M8 is only 43Nm.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If the fastener was going to fail because you stretched it too much it likely already would have. I'd leave it for now, but check tis for fastener torques first, or at least consult a torque chart for fastener size and grade. Even 12.9 grade M8 is only 43Nm.
i was just going to leave as is, but then decided to re-torque. felt gotten worst, loosened, then doesn't seem to get tight anymore. and i stopped.
would replacing nuts sometime fix this? thx

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,381 Posts
i was just going to leave as is, but then decided to re-torque. felt gotten worst, loosened, then doesn't seem to get tight anymore. and i stopped.
would replacing nuts sometime fix this? thx
It's the bolt or stud that fails, not the nut.

·
Registered
526 Posts
thx. not sure if the stud is replaceable or not. i should have waited for your initial reply earlier and just left at 33 ft lbs

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,381 Posts
thx. not sure if the stud is replaceable or not. i should have waited for your initial reply earlier and just left at 33 ft lbs
I did a quick search since that's one area of the car that I haven't worked on yet and it didn't look good. Guys were talking about drilling the studs out and then fabbing/welding new brackets to weld in.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've never thought of deleting the front badge, how did you go about removing/filling in the recess?
The method i used was to remove the badge and scuff up the paint and adjacent area with 150 paper,not too much just the paint,then fill and paint as with any spot repair.

·
Registered
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
14 Posts
Replaced the blower motor/final stage resistor. Just in time for the weekend it’s supposed to be 90 tomorrow and no A/C would’ve been miserable. Part from FCP Euro what less pins but all the holes lined up and my fan is blowing so no complaints.

·
Registered
2004 325ci
231 Posts
Threw some new NGK sparkplugs in, oil change & cleaned the cabin filter today. Found my front strut mounts are both failing, which explains the noises I've been hearing in the this week.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Started a build thread for my 330i - a first for me but I'm going to love to have one place to talk about my car. Still pretty nervous to show her off but I've been talking about doing it since I joined 5 years ago haha.

Left is a new Magnetti Marelli lens, right is the original (18 y/o) after polishing.
They made a huge difference in the diffusion of light on the lens from the angels.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Twisted off the radiator drain plug head. Got the plug out so I’ll finish the water pump, thermostat, expansion tank, and hose replacements, but refill looks like a Tuesday thing now since none of the three nearest dealers stock the plug.

Update: Twist stripped the head on the tensioner bolt trying to get the belt back on. Will do belts and pulleys now since I’m going to have to wait anyway. FCP Euro here I come!

·
Registered
236 Posts
DME and EGS update done remotely today with BaliDawg, holy cow what nice upgrade. Check out his thread in the important links sticky or in his sig. Now is the perfect time to do this

·
Registered
39 Posts
The ashtray is new, but the top cubby is refinished. Its only obvious with a flash that theyre different. There's just so many different black plastics in one place its hard to make it look sleek

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice! Here is mine in my m3 with plastidip. I tried yo make it slightly textured by how i layed it down. Turned out pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Nice! Here is mine in my m3 with plastidip. I tried yo make it slightly textured by how i layed it down. Turned out pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
How is it holding up vs the original finish? Although I have tan interior and I'm not sure closely any tan that's available in Plastidip may match.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
How is it holding up vs the original finish? Although I have tan interior and I'm not sure closely any tan that's available in Plastidip may match.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Im pretty damn gentle when moving around the interior. It looks as new a year later. But have only put about 3k miles on the car. Black goes with everything right?

Here is a current pic. My center cons
ole is new for reference.

43741 - 43760 of 43804 Posts