BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

43161 - 43180 of 43807 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had the shop take a look at it as it was occasionally having trouble starting. Initially I thought it was the EWS system/keys dying. Turns out it was actually a bad starter.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
733 Posts
Swapped my armrest trim. Got rid of the carbon cube and took the titanium from my 320.

No wonder there aren't many DIYs around for this. It's a truly horrible job. These things could survive a nuclear bomb blast!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
Taking the leather pieces off, I'm not so sure. They were on really tight and needed a lot of force to snap them out.

The armrest itself isn't so bad, and the technique seems to be to wedge something like trim removers into the gaps as you work your way up towards the top.

Luckily, there are so many clips in the armrest that breaking a few of them didn't seem to make a difference to the integrity when putting it back together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Held my breath when my '05 started missing the other day---Vanos or Coils? Turned out to be a coil, replaced the spark plugs as they were a bit tarnished. She runs great now!! 89k miles, and still love her.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Said goodbye to the budget "Sailwin" tyres that came with the 330. Plenty of tread left on them, but didn't want to go into winter with cheapo tyres on the car.

Got a great web deal through Black Circles with a discount on tyres and fitting. Went for Yokohamas all round.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Held my breath when my '05 started missing the other day---Vanos or Coils? Turned out to be a coil, replaced the spark plugs as they were a bit tarnished. She runs great now!! 89k miles, and still love her.
89k isn't even broke in yet, I'm at 159k and maybe just broke in.

43161 - 43180 of 43807 Posts