BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

43681 - 43700 of 43726 Posts

·
Registered
2000 323Ci
46 Posts
Ordered the rear toe adj. tool so I did an alignment. Fixed my drivers door handle, it woudnt open from the outside. the metal lever the outer door handle moves attached to the lock acuator in the door was bent. Also bought the 20 pin adapter for the underhood port.. cleared my airbag light (from disconnecting the door airbag fixing the handle) and diagnosed I have a bad DSC (aka Rotational) senor luckily Ive found a few for <$50 on ebay, Im sure as hell not going to pay $600 for a new one.

I think it got a little wet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey all, installed a new passenger side rear window regulator due to the top part that holds the cable breaking.
Replaced a broken front passenger window switch cover, brought a 4 pack as this isn't the first time so keeping some spares around.
And installed some BC Racing BR series coil-overs with the reinforcement plates,
Just had an shop do the alignment after giving them a few days to settle and the ride is night and day, a tad stiffy but comfortable and sharp.
Doesn't feel super floaty and loose anymore. Stock height out the box, may need more adjusting later.
Pre Coilover.jpg
Post Coilover.jpg

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,938 Posts
Replaced both original pre cat O2 sensors at 109k today. Holy cow what a difference. My car wants to move forward at all times now.
Smoke tested the intake last week, after doing it the first time and not seeing anything but smoke coming through the crankcase I was certain I messed up somewhere.
Nope, did it again and it seems my methodical first teardown and reinstall of the intake has left me with no vaccum leaks :D
I'm at a fun time in my 4ish years of ownership; the last piece and I mean LAST piece of preventative maintenance I have yet to do is the VANOS. Now for that and the fun stuff.
Nice work!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fixed the curb rash and did a quick refinish spray with the Wurth silver wheel paint and clear. It got a little bit of texture to it that I don't care for, but they look alright. I did it at work, and kind of rushed it a bit. Overall Im happy for stock 17's. These will end up as my winter wheels. And that tire needs to replaced ASAP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Decided to spray paint my window trim as some previous owner did a very sloppy job at painting them mat black and leaving the chrome part behind the door as is. Not only that but he also used some really crappy grainy paint to do it. Carefully masked each side twice, as I did all the trim while on the car, I really didn’t want to bother with broken tabs.

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
130 Posts
Hello all, It has been a while but i am back again after bringing my last project to an end.

Allot of changes has been done ever since my last login. It has been a journy but allot of fun.
2000/09 E46 Indevidual
Dinan performance package by original owner
Current upgrades
M3 rear subframe with LSD diff
M3 control arms and brakes,
OEM LED rear fog light

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,709 Posts
Took her out for a 1000 mile test drive up to Mid-Ohio from Charlotte, NC after a complete suspension, brakes, engine and transmission service at 207,000 miles. 208,200 now. It performed flawlessly up and over the Appalachian mountains both ways.

·
Registered
2000 323Ci
46 Posts
removing the bubbled up tint from the 3 rear windows. Sides were bubbling. The rear was hazy and difficult to see through.

Got the sides done. The rear is gonna be a pain in the ass. Tint come off but left begins the adheasive

2000 323Ci

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
960 Posts
Finally wrapped my steering wheel with the ebay leather wrap I bought 3 years ago. Not perfect but better than deteriorated leather that was on there.

Took me a while as I removed the steering wheel from the car and all trim from the wheel.

First time really sewing something.

·
Registered
2002 E46 320 se tourer
33 Posts
Cleaned ICV and throttle bodies new battery fitted new lights making new exhaust and manifold new rocket gasket ordered new brake pads ordered new sump and wet gasket
Busy me

·
Banned
2005, BMW, 330CIConvertible, 2009 e93 335i
187 Posts
valve cover gasket, ofh gasket, oil pan gasket, engine mounts, silicone vacuum hoses upgrade, disa valve replace, idle controller replace, ccv replace, all coolant hoses, thermostat, water pump, vanos rebuild, engine flush and oil change, coolant flush and change, AC pulley, idler pulleys, both belts, tensioner pulley, starter replace, expansion tank replace.

After this...manual transmission fluid, differential fluid, center bearing change, giubo change, front and rear shocks to koni active shocks upgrade, front aluminum brace replace, front inner fender linings both sides replace, rear subframe all bushing replace, differential bushings all replace, trailing arm upgrade to Rogue Engineering bushings, Rogue Engineering rear top shock mount and reinforcement, Rogue Engineering adjustable rear control arms, RE transmounts, front tower reinforcement plates, rear subframe reinforcement plate welding.

All this work will be on my new BMW CHANNEL on youtube soon.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Bought this from Eastwood after scarey encounters while doing my E46. Great addition at only $135. Tried both of the other styles on my E46 sports with no success and took those springs/struts to a shop to have them inserted.
Used this on a suspension rebuild on my X70, what a relief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2005, BMW, 330CIConvertible, 2009 e93 335i
187 Posts
Glad to hear you can feel a difference with the bar. Is the ecs logo a sticker or painted on the bar?
Bought this from Eastwood after scarey encounters while doing my E46. Great addition at only $135. Tried both of the other styles on my E46 sports with no success and took those springs/struts to a shop to have them inserted.
Used this on a suspension rebuild on my X70, what a relief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I got one in that style also. The stupid versions with the two stalks is ridiculous to use and takes forever...plus too damn jangly and cluttered.

43681 - 43700 of 43726 Posts