E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on my current thoughts...
I have a 300Cic daily driver, no track use. I HATE the dust of the OEM setup. I can get OEM replacement "kits" from Tischer for ~$600, so Ill set this as my cost basis.

I am looking for the following features:
Low dust
No squeal
good braking (I understand this is a trade with the dust)
cross drilled at the right price

I am willing to pay a little for the cross drilled look. From all the reading I have done I'm satisfied that this really is for looks only, and at the slight risk of cracking problems. I realize all I need are blanks.

Turner has cross drilled rotors for about ~$100 less (F&R) than any I can find from any typical sponsor (I’m avoiding e-bay). I haven't seen much feedback on these rotors, anyone have any experience with them good or bad?

As for pads the three I keep seeing (with no negatives I could find) are Akebono Euro Ceramic, Stoptech Street Performance, and Performance Friction Z. Can anyone offer some more detailed feedback / trade-offs between these three?

Right now I’m leaning towards the Turner drilled rotors and the Akebono. This is cheap enough that I will be able to get some SS lines and come in under my $600 baseline :thumbsup:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Preformance Friction Z pads are awesome. Very low dust, nice and quiet, definitely there when you need them. I got front pads/slotted rotors/stainless lines and motul fluid all from UUC for right around $300-350 I think.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
PM Trippinbimmer ... Anthony from bimmerbrakes... i just bought a set of centric rotors, with stoptech pads and just got them installed yesterday and WOW... they work great... im still bedding them in but they feel alot better then my stock brakes and the price was awesome!!!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
for street use i would definetly get the Turner rotors. Any aftermarket pad is going to create less dust than oe. i have HAWK hps very low dust even with track use.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I use akebono euroceramics for my DD duties (on the stoptech slotted rotors and stainless lines)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I installed Turner Motor Sports crossdrilled rotors on my car, they feel the same as OEM, look great, (IMO) and did not cost much more than OEM. After 7 months I can see no accellerated wear, no cracks and no rust.

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
In my opinion if you only need them for daily use and will not do any spirited driving a stock like pad is more than enough and half the price, OEM, Akebono or other dustless pads. Pads like PFC Z rated pads and other "Semi track pads" are overkill and expensive (compared to Jurid, Textar) and they do make some noise you might not like. For rotors just stick to oem.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
If you need help with those pads, I can certainly help you out with those! Take a look at these:

Cool Carbon - Street Performance/Track Tuned (S/T) Brake Pads for e46 330Ci
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?cPath=67&products_id=2799

Features
- Excellent initial bite
- Consistent torque
- Excellent stopping ability & temperature stability
- Very good fade resistance
- Long life, rotor friendly
- Low/no dust
- Virtually without noise
- Excellent for daily street use and with very good track performance.

Models Supported:
2001-2006 e46 330Ci

Let me know if you have any questions :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
r1 concepts.com drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk pad...people will talk **** about them..but ive had them on my m3 for atleast a year now and done anything from driving the **** out of it to just normal breaking much lest dust and stop and feel just like oem...great setup regardless what people say...490 for all 4 rotors and all pads with the sensors...u cant beat it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts