BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mainly utilize my car to go from and to school\work. Not much time for tracking anymore, so i'm trying to get some recommendations, with justification for each:

H&R Cupkit @ $599

vs

Bilstein PSS @ $995

I realize that i'm comparing coil-over with non, but there is a considerable $400 difference. What have people's experience (handling + comfort) been with either setup?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have the same dilemma as you, I don't own either one, but here's my opinion on the situation.

Since I use my car as a daily commuter, ride height and comfort are my main concerns. LA city streets suck, and I'd hate to drop my car so low that I can't go anywhere. The cupkit gives a nice drop, but I'd be stuck with that height; this gives the PSS the edge. Plus, from what I've read about PSS's, there's really no consensus on their ride quality. Some find it to be harsh, others think they're as comfortable as stock sport suspension. Therefor, I am gonna save up money and get the PSS9's, just to be on the safe side.

I'd lean more toward the PSS's if I were you, just for its flexibility. I am sure the cupkit and PSS ride about the same in terms of comfort.

Hope this helps somewhat.:dunno:

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,881 Posts
PSS9's for flexibility , gives you the option of setting your suspension at whatever height you like.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok just got off the phone with renn sport... i think i going with kw v2

i've been on the list for pss9 since august, and i cant wait any longer, but from what i've been reading, it sounds like KW's are very nice.

The V2 have damnpess adjustment, so i think i'm going with those for now.

PS: I have just eibach springs now (pro line), SUCKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts