BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Grand Doriftor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Vinnie's DAE's with the blue color in the front. My problem is that my car has the city lights and the bulbs glow behind the inner (towards the center of the car) rings. This makes the rings look less brighter than the ones on the outside. The only solution I have come up with is to unscrew the bulbs but that would leave me without the lights when I leave my car parked. Anyone willing to help? Should I just connect the DAE's to a different switch? If so, where can I get a nice switch that matches the rest of the interior?

·
Grand Doriftor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*bump*

·
Grand Doriftor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Herb, Vinnie?

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Ideal method would be to have independent switches to control each system so you can choose which one to turn on.

However since the DRL's are computer controlled, you will have to either bypass that system or have the dealer turn it off. If you are talking about city lights like in my sig, then just wire it to individual BOSCH relays and then trigger each one with a separate switch.

Our shop in Fremont can help you out if you are local....

late,
rick
Euro Boutique

·
Grand Doriftor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
s4 I wish I were local. Yeah I was talking about the city lights, guess I'll have to think about a seperate switch then. I wonder where could I mount the switch and what switch would flow with the dash. Has anyone done this before?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts