BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to install the color lense on the DAE . it sems like there are no where i can install it so it stays tight.

also how do i take out the bulb when it burn out.

does anyone have a picture of how to connect the wire to fog light.

please please help......

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
you just switch the lense in the light box if im correct..pm vinnymac..... he knows his stuff and can get you other colors!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is a pic that i'm stuck with, hope it gives a little more details about it.

does anyone have a manual for the installation , i didn't get one with the shiping.

Attachments

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
you place the color lens in front of the clear lens. by in front i mean between the optic wires and the clear lens. and the optics do touch the color lens. you have to take out the entire light, iono how to do that one...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Actually, if the lens are where Bender says, they will melt very very quickly (I remember having this debate (with someone else) when I installed my DAEs and found out the hard way as to which way they go!)... The lens are suppose to go between the light and the clear glass cover (I actually held them in place using clear sealer)... Make sure that the fiber optics do not touch the glass. I don't think you will ever have to worry about the light needing to be replaced... PM me if you have any other questions, or just do a search under my screen name and I have some write ups about DAE (comments, advice, pictures, etc...) Good Luck!

·
Registered
339 Posts
sorry, may be its getting late... Bender, I don't have my optics touching the glass and they are still very very bright (I even have stained glass lens installed...) I don't know what correct anymore, i guess it really doesn't matter... sorry, I have wasted everyone's time and they will never get the minute back of their life that I have wasted...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
timexp99. so you saying that i need to glue the color lense on to able to stay in place.? what if i want to change the color lense?

and how am i suppose to take out the bulb if i want to change it to osram bulb ? some guy said he bought a pay of homedepot osram bulb with cover on, i was planing to swap that , but seems like the bulb is dam tight and i don't see any screw that is holding it ??

does anyone have vinnymac sn or email, i have done a search , but it seems like i can't locate him ?

here is another pic of where i should put the color lense : is that correct position ?

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
323and330ci said:
timexp99. so you saying that i need to glue the color lense on to able to stay in place.? what if i want to change the color lense?

and how am i suppose to take out the bulb if i want to change it to osram bulb ? some guy said he bought a pay of homedepot osram bulb with cover on, i was planing to swap that , but seems like the bulb is dam tight and i don't see any screw that is holding it ??

does anyone have vinnymac sn or email, i have done a search , but it seems like i can't locate him ?

here is another pic of where i should put the color lense : is that correct position ?
i have my colored lense where you have it mentioned above and i have my fiber optics cable pushing it against the clear lense. i don't know if this is right, but that's what way i have them.

why isn't the fiber optics supposed to touch the clear lense??

·
Registered
497 Posts
If the fibre optics touch the clear lense the halogen bulb will melt the tip of the optics, in turn browning them and ultimatly they will go black, obviously screwing up your colour, and also it will ruin your bulb.
You should ideally have it 1- 2cm away from the bulb, for optimum lighting a longvity.

If you need anyother help feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carlos mtech,

do you glue the color lens on that area so it stick or what do you use to make it hold on tight ?

·
Registered
497 Posts
you dont really need glue, to be honest i dnt have any on mine but duck tape is strong, and it is only a little coloured film, it wont go out of place and using glue is too much of a sticky job, i recomend a strong tape of some sort or even might want to use your own ingenuity and secure a metal falp as to make a slot in which u can change at the swing of your arm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts