BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install my Herb's DAE..
I got everything working except now i am stuck with wiring problem. Is there any way i can wire them so that they turn on by itself without me touching anything??? I figured if i wire it to the foglights i would always have to hit the foglight switch to get them working. Is there anyway i can get them to work like Daytime Running Headlights????
Please help me...:thumbup:

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
IF you cant quite tell.....you see two thick red wired right toward the bottom of the ECU....just behind that you can see the end of an arrow pointing to a green wire...thats your wire

·
Registered
644 Posts
thais0n said:
IF you cant quite tell.....you see two thick red wired right toward the bottom of the ECU....just behind that you can see the end of an arrow pointing to a green wire...thats your wire
Great info! Do you have a bigger pic by any chance?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks very complicated to me.. That you what i have to go through to have it run like DRL??

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
Its, simple....just tap into the green wire....thats it

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
thais0n,

Are you using a relay or are you taking the DAE power straight from the DRLs? What's the current draw when the high beams are on?

·
Registered
700 Posts
thais0n said:
Its, simple....just tap into the green wire....thats it
Yeah, I would say... It couldnt be any easier this way....

just turn on the key and there on. Off and there off....

John V

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
I dunno, i just taped all the wires together...makes things alot cleaner.
I am not using a relay, just going straight to DRLs...not quite sure what the current draw is when the brights are on

·
Registered
644 Posts
thais0n said:
I dunno, i just taped all the wires together...makes things alot cleaner.
I am not using a relay, just going straight to DRLs...not quite sure what the current draw is when the brights are on
An even easier method if you don't want to cut/strip that green wire is to just shove an 18gauge wire in there. Works fine as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts