E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little disappointed that the bulb has burnt out already (I did not touch it when I installed it) and need to change it after about 3 months of use. Do I just bend back the metal brackets that hold the bulb in?

Also, does anyone know when the next generation DAEs are coming out? I have been only mildly satisfied with the product for many reasons and wanted to get the next generation design in my car before I start trying to fix the problems myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gene

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just open up the metal box and replace the bulb. The bulb is a 35W MR-11 bulb. You can pick it up from a Home Depot or light store for around $12-$15.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doughsun said:
Just open up the metal box and replace the bulb. The bulb is a 35W MR-11 bulb. You can pick it up from a Home Depot or light store for around $12-$15.
There are metal brackets holding the bulb in - do I bend them back? Will they break off if I bend them?

·
Registered
302 Posts
doughsun said:
more like $3 at www.allelectronics.com CAT#HLP-350. I've changed like 3-4 bulbs already cuz the tape couldn't hold the metal box tight to the wall of the ECIS intake. Finally drilled the heatshield wall and tied the box. No more problem! :D

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32540&highlight=dae+bulb

·
Registered
302 Posts
gymiller said:

There are metal brackets holding the bulb in - do I bend them back? Will they break off if I bend them?
no, but be gentle :)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
gymiller said:

There should be only 1 bracket up top that holds the bulb in place. Just bend that piece back to remove the bulb and bend it back into place to hold the new bulb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for answering! I appreciate it!

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vinny, could you address my other questions in my original post?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vinny?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know Vinny's email address?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts