BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my dad was bored so he got this. i must say the handling is INCREDIBLE. very comparable to the 02 porsche turbo he sold. acceleration is not quite as fast as the e55, but this car you actually get the feeling that you are being punched by the acceleration. the paddle shift feels like someone is driving it manual and the car gets a real push every time gears change. in fact when you let go of the brake (when set to AUTO), the car DOESN'T EVEN MOVE! suspension is very solid and it feels like the car doesnt have springs; very stiff. the sound of the car is great; love the sound of the quad exhaust and ferrari engine.
at the ferrari dealership we checked out all the cars and the interior of this looks almost exactly the same as alot of the ferrari's such as the 360... very nice.

very satisfied with this car. its getting waxed and detailed soon, so i will take some more pics then.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maserati, damn bish.. that is hot!!!

more daytime pics!! :)

it says V8 on the side, so I guess this has a somewhat detuned 360 motor in it?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red2KCougar said:
Maserati, damn bish.. that is hot!!!

more daytime pics!! :)

it says V8 on the side, so I guess this has a somewhat detuned 360 motor in it?
yup exactly ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I cant beleieve your Dad got rid of a Porsche for a Maserati :eek: ... Nice car, but I would've stayed with the Porsche. Heck if your Dad can run things like that, then anythings good.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhhh he didnt.

last few cars were (in order): 02 porsche 911 turbo, mercedes c32 amg, mercedes e55 amg, and now the maserati.

the real question is why did he trade the e55 in for the maserati ;)

·
Uh, the engine in the Maserati is NOT a detuned 360 engine. The Maserati has a 4.2liter V8. The Modena has a 3.6liter V8.

Both are pushin around 400hp.

·
name's PHIL
6,061 Posts
what did your pops do for work before he retired

CEO, finance, family busisness:thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts