BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be installed in custom sealed enclosure over the battery box. Driven by Zapco 750.2 bridged mono ([email protected]). Definitely SQ over SPL, vocals, rock, etc. No trance, rap. Do I need a 12" to punch through the well-sealed trunk, or can I get away with a 10"? Speakers in main cabin planned to be DA S600s x2 driven by Zapco 1000.4 ([email protected]). Thanks. R.

·
Registered
454 Posts
flybigjet said:
To be installed in custom sealed enclosure over the battery box. Driven by Zapco 750.2 bridged mono ([email protected]). Definitely SQ over SPL, vocals, rock, etc. No trance, rap. Do I need a 12" to punch through the well-sealed trunk, or can I get away with a 10"? Speakers in main cabin planned to be DA S600s x2 driven by Zapco 1000.4 ([email protected]). Thanks. R.

don't know how big the space over m3 battery, but this is on non-m 323.
i can only fit 10" with this

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93166&stc=1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kwang125 said:
don't know how big the space over m3 battery, but this is on non-m 323.
i can only fit 10" with this

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93166&stc=1
DA 10" sub depth: 6.18"
DA 12" sub depth: 6.81"

Either will fit over the battery compartment. However, I'm more interested in the differences in sound a 10 will have vs. a 12 in such a tightly sealed trunk- I don't want to cut holes or drive around with my rear seats down. Thanks. R.

·
Registered
454 Posts
flybigjet said:
DA 10" sub depth: 6.18"
DA 12" sub depth: 6.81"

Either will fit over the battery compartment. However, I'm more interested in the differences in sound a 10 will have vs. a 12 in such a tightly sealed trunk- I don't want to cut holes or drive around with my rear seats down. Thanks. R.
750 watt is loud. i am sure you will be able to hear the bass in the cabin with 10". but since you are worried about it. then, why not just get the 12" ??/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kwang125 said:
750 watt is loud. i am sure you will be able to hear the bass in the cabin with 10". but since you are worried about it. then, why not just get the 12" ??/
If I go with the 10", I can drop down to a solid 500W (Zapco 500.1)- I realize that 12's hit deeper, and 10's recover quicker, but I don't know what is best for SQ since the trunk is so well sealed. R.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,057 Posts
flybigjet said:
If I go with the 10", I can drop down to a solid 500W (Zapco 500.1)- I realize that 12's hit deeper, and 10's recover quicker, but I don't know what is best for SQ since the trunk is so well sealed. R.
dont worry too much about what size sub recovers quicker, just make sure you have the right size box for it. im sure you know that sealed boxes are better for sq. id just go with the 12 in your case...and kill the rear fill ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts