BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
yay, this means now canon has no choice but to release the new 5d!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
That's great stuff there. The D700 is still far out of my price range, but I am curious to see what this will do to the D300 used market...or even new D300 sales prices.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Is this the replacement to the D300? I'm trying to understand Nikons reasoning with this one. I have a D200 and was going to get a D300 and keep my D200 also as a backup.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The D700 is not a replacement for the D300. The D300 is a crop sensor (DX) camera while the D700 is a full frame (FX) camera.

The D300 is something like the Canon 40D and the D700 is along the lines of the Canon 5D.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
d300 cannot go wrong for sports or bird shooter. the 1.5x crop helps with the range.

d700 is nice but is very expensive. unless you do this for a living go for it. hobbyist like myself cannot spend anymore after spending on d300 recently.

·
Modelrater
747 Posts
nice....

and damn Nikon because I just bought the SB-800
So did I, but I'm not going to spend an additional $200+ over what the SB-800 costs. Although, the new features are nice.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
That's a very nice camera. Good to see Nikon coming out with new products and going further with full-frame. I think the price is good. If the new 5D from Canon costs around this price, I'll get one for sure.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,570 Posts
That's great stuff there. The D700 is still far out of my price range, but I am curious to see what this will do to the D300 used market...or even new D300 sales prices.
I hope it continues its downward drop in price. :excited:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
been keeping up with the d700 for a couple weeks now...good thing the rumors were right!

full frame = ultra wide and high ISO!!!!! yesss! though i need a built in v-grip; i cannot stand the vgrip attachments that the smaller cams have. ill have to wait until the d3x comes out to get the d3 down in price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts