1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If you are going to go forced induction stick with the well known brands that have been used by many here on the forum. Also make damn sure that the rest of the car is "completely" up to date with refreshed parts before doing this. Forced induction should be the absolute last addition to a car after the suspension, braking, driveline, rear subframe reinforcement, and all fuel, vacuum, and cooling systems are new and operating as they should. The worst thing you can do is buy some cheap turbo kit and throw it on a car that has old worn out parts on it. That's the best way to tear the shit out of every old part that is on a your car especially the transmission and rear subframe. Don't do it unless you can do it right. Prepping the car correctly for the added power is the most important step aside from buying a quality setup.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Take your pic, both $700 dollars. Once you spend 50 to 75 man hours getting it installed, just put it on a trailer & haul it ~7.5 hrs east to Frank Smith tuning. With any luck it will only cost you $2000 in dyno tuning services, who knows.....maybe you'll be the first to get it done.

The "Tune" has always been the stopping factor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T04E-T3-T4-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac2f668d7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E36-E46...Parts_Accessories&hash=item416183e11a&vxp=mtr

http://www.tuningtechfs.com/

Good luck,
Rob43

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, Ordered new 60lb injectors, bigger fuel pump. Currently looking for a fuel regulator. I was just curious if this was at all a good kit or not. Theres 2 reputable speed shops well known for tuning. So it wasnt gonna be an issue. But yea. I'll continue to look around. Thanks for the info everyone!

·
Registered
DDing an only somewhat-janky four-season miata
12,042 Posts
1. No Installation Instruction Is Provided. But We Show Many Installed Pictures on This Listing and Installation Notes. It Is Very Intuitive.
Installing forced induction is very intuitive. I guess to the extent that "compressor goes on exhaust side of engine, fresh air tubing goes to intake side of engine" is intuitive, yeah. It's very intuitive.

Due to the Complexity of Converting a Motor From NA to Turbo, Please Make Sure that You Understand the Application Stated Here are the Right Parts for Your Project.
But don't worry, despite the complexity, it's very intuitive.

And how would you tune it.
Also this.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Edit: nevermind, I'm gonna keep my nose out of it. Based on your other thread you are not another 16 year old dreamer but it's still pretty big job to tune turbo e46. The kit looks a bit better than stuff you see on e-bay but I don't have personal experience with the company.
What's the plan for tuning - work with stock DME, adding a piggyback, or complete standalone?

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
This is all just "TALK" until this project is finished with pictures & dyno results....

There's a BIG reason the Nick G. TT Turbo kit costs ~$6800, it bolts on in a day or two with no fabrication & starts
working immediately with Perfect drive-ability.

Just saying,
Rob43

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.