E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my cap and disc today, both look great.

I should've done my homework though, cause I ordered a Russian membrane just now and Ebay is saying it's gonna take 2 DANG MONTHS to show up. Ugh.

Wound up ordering one of e46sulev's reproduction OEM membranes as well, which should get here next week. Hopefully that will work until the Russian one arrives.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Got my cap and disc today, both look great.

I should've done my homework though, cause I ordered a Russian membrane just now and Ebay is saying it's gonna take 2 DANG MONTHS to show up. Ugh.

Wound up ordering one of e46sulev's reproduction OEM membranes as well, which should get here next week. Hopefully that will work until the Russian one arrives.
last time I ordered the membrane I paid express shipping and took a month to arrive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
paraklas:

The new retaining disk does indeed look great! The pictures lead to another question. I have not yet opened up my chamber underneath the cap, so I don't know how thick the stock disc is. If the new aluminum disc is thicker than the stock plastic one, will it prevent proper operation of the diaphragm?

Sorry to add a possible complexity, but from the photos I've seen of the plastic disc from other forum members, they seem thinner than the new aluminum one.

My continued thanks for all of of your efforts on this project!!
I want to buy ASAP. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
How can I buy one.
GOAL!! SCORE!! TOUCHDOWN!! HOME RUN!! whatever applies, from here in Maryland, USA. Christmas in February!! Revised caps and discs arrived here yesterday. 6 calendar days to go 7 time zones, including a federal holiday here in the USA, and US Customs, is pretty good!

A hearty thanks to paraklas for all his ideas, development, design, prototyping, machinist vetting and negotiation, coordination, tenacity, road trips, time, troubleshooting, and whatever other efforts I have overlooked!!! Most certainly a job well done!!! :thanks:
Why is this not on ebay and amazon

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
drop me a PM!!! already having some made
Gabester:
Per the quote above, send paraklas a Private Message (now called a Conversation) to order an aluminum cap/disk. Regarding why the caps are not in Amazon or eBay, maybe consider reading through the whole thread. These caps are not in constant production. Paraklas is just doing this for the forum members as a courtesy/favor. And has done yeoman’s work, IMHO!

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
:) what he said!^

Plus I will also have to account for the ebay fees, which will add up to the cost. If I go the ebay/amazon way it means I will have to keep stock, so considering the demand, it's a bit risky. Drop me a PM, next batch will be ready within this week!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Opening this thread to discuss, present, troubleshoot the aftermarket M56 caps that some members have produced, including my aluminum version. This is to also avoid getting lost in the M56 main thread, so lets keep this more oriented towards the caps :)

The aluminum cap as of today has been revised by machining the ceiling surface to allow more modulation of the aftermarket membrane (around 8-9mm) and to also allow it to sit higher in order not to seal the valve cover, causing pressure buildup. Before anything, is there a way to test this on a bench? My car is not stock at the moment and I really don't want to swap covers again!

Pics:

Machining has been increased:

Original:

Original design/pics:
how can i PM you. just started using this site. can you pm me then i will rep
Opening this thread to discuss, present, troubleshoot the aftermarket M56 caps that some members have produced, including my aluminum version. This is to also avoid getting lost in the M56 main thread, so lets keep this more oriented towards the caps :)

The aluminum cap as of today has been revised by machining the ceiling surface to allow more modulation of the aftermarket membrane (around 8-9mm) and to also allow it to sit higher in order not to seal the valve cover, causing pressure buildup. Before anything, is there a way to test this on a bench? My car is not stock at the moment and I really don't want to swap covers again!

Pics:

Machining has been increased:

Original:

Original design/pics:
can someone guide me on doing a pm. do i have to be a premium member? or can you pm me mr paraklas

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
how can i PM you. just started using this site. can you pm me then i will rep

can someone guide me on doing a pm. do i have to be a premium member? or can you pm me mr paraklas
Gabester:

To send a PM, go to the upper right corner of this screen and click on your icon. You will get a drop down with a choice for ‘Conversation’. Click on Conversation and then click on ‘Start a Conversation’, and go from there. But here is the rub, I think for security reasons and to prevent spammers, a new member has to have at least ten posts. You DO NOT need to be a premium member to send a PM. GL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey everybody I just want to let everybody know I got my cap recently and it fits perfectly! Quick note I had to turn my cap counter clockwise to tighten it. I highly recommend Paraklas' CCV caps! I also recommend ordering both the cap and the membrane at the same time, as they both took about a month to arrive from Mother Russia on standard shipping!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everybody I just want to let everybody know I got my cap recently and it fits perfectly! Quick note I had to turn my cap counter clockwise to tighten it. I highly recommend Paraklas' CCV caps! I also recommend ordering both the cap and the membrane at the same time, as they both took about a month to arrive from Mother Russia on standard shipping!
This is why I need to pm you.

Hi Gabester,

Conversations are limited to community members with a minimum of 10 posts. So if you make a few more posts for yourself, that should solve your problem.

Best regards,
Dan

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
3,880 Posts

Paraklas's aluminum cap with a diaphragm from E46sulev.

Thank you guys. (y)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I'm really interested in getting one of the caps . I really appreciate all the work that went into this cap. I have been researching all sites for any info for over a year.
I have replaced my M54 valve cover with an m56. And have a catch can installed to get rid of sludge and water from the set up.
Vacume is extremely high . I was thinking of installing a Frame 345 pcv on the outgoing side of the catch can to regulate vacume.
But the new cap may solve my problems.
I believe I need 10 posts before I can have a conversation to purchase the alloy cap. So unless you can contact me here's no 1.
Thanks
Aidan.

·
Registered
316I Swapped to 330
165 Posts
Hi I'm really interested in getting one of the caps . I really appreciate all the work that went into this cap. I have been researching all sites for any info for over a year.
I have replaced my M54 valve cover with an m56. And have a catch can installed to get rid of sludge and water from the set up.
Vacume is extremely high . I was thinking of installing a Frame 345 pcv on the outgoing side of the catch can to regulate vacume.
But the new cap may solve my problems.
I believe I need 10 posts before I can have a conversation to purchase the alloy cap. So unless you can contact me here's no 1.
Thanks
Aidan.
I have similar problem, everything is correct and feels good, except of high vacuum. I guess too -because of particular design of the original cap. As I read, aluminium cap has much bigger gap then original.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts