BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i just received my second set of cap and disc. looks great, thanks paraklas. i'm still waiting on the russian diaphragm.. wish somebody else was selling these besides vanos-bmw.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys

Finally got around to installing my new cap and diaphragm
My car has consumed about a liter over the last 500 miles
The tube from the valve cover to the intake manifold had oil inside and smelled like straight oil.
The cap and diaphragm are installed tight and properly, based on the photos from page 4 of this forum.
The valve cover's oil separation chambers were opened up, thoroughly cleaned, and resealed with Permatex's Permashield (a Hylomar Blue equivalent) . I added the Permashield on top of the original sealing material.
Any idea why my car continues to drink oil? TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kinda off topic but does anyone have or know where I can find the spring that's under the ccv cap? Took mine apart a few months back and managed to misplace it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Does anybody have an opinion/reviews of these caps and whether they’ve been reliable or not?
these aluminum caps are fantastic because you can remove them easily. the plastic tabs on the stock m56 cap are one time use.

but the m56 valve cover swap and ccv delete hasn’t solved my oil consumption issue on the 04. and it seems liqui moly leichtlauf 5w40 just buys you some time on these oil burners.

so for the 05 with the head gasket issue i am going for a full engine rebuild using the mahle redesigned piston rings.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
does anyone have an extra russian diaphragm? i ordered from vanosbmw in july and last postal tracking shows it leaving moscow.

nevermind .. *EDIT: finally delivered yesterday. so only took two months! i asked vanosbmw if they would send DHL but regular postal service is the only option.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts