BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do anything to their bumper for 325ci for the gruppeM to get more air. I know that you have to cut some plastic out for the sedans, but do the coupes need anymore openings? I dont see anythign where i could open up. Also, the original piping going into the motor pass the MAF sensor is a little bunched up. What should i do about this? I hope its not restricting. Any pics or suggestions would help. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man, no one out there with a coupe and GruppeM?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
If possible post a picture of what exactly looks bunched up. I have a hard time visualizing what you are talking about. A picture would definitely help us all out in attempting to answer your question :).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm... here is a picture, but it doenst look bunch up in this picture. It is bunched up at the bend part.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about heat? The intake is so hot, just like the airbox. It shouldnt be a problem right?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is one, maybe you can see it in here

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
That looks pretty normal to me. I will have to double check with my car though tomorrow. As far as heat, if the outside is hot, that's fine....the inside should be much cooler.

·
Registered
179 Posts
s4

I saw an Audi S4 with part of the
bumper lower grill cut out on one side.
how stupid can people be when
it comes to getting "cold" air.
yes, I saw people removing one
headlight altogether.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
hi i got one but its for a m3

puting it in on sat. do you want me to ask the shop guy what as to be cut for your 325. my car is a little difference than your let me know if you want me to ask for you
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You don't have to CUT anything out to install the GruppeM intake. What are you talking about? You remove your old airbox and fit the GruppeM in it's place. Yes the intake tube is convoluted. I'm looking into getting a 7 series intake. I'm also trying to find out what the Z4 has in it and the new 330i sport package which looks like it uses a new tube as well. Otherwise you have to go custom or buy the Injen intake and only use the part after the mass air sensor. What do you think you have to cut? As far as cool air, the intake is getting the coolest air possible in the highest pressure zone which is behind the headlight. If you want, I did this on my car during intake testing, I bought a 3" flexible air intake tube (not silver air conditioning duct) but actual automotive replacement flexible air intake tubing which is wound metal covered with heat resistant plastic. I was able the flatten the tube to with a little effort with my Xenon ballast I fitted it in the corner space and routed it behind the bumper and angle it toward oncoming air. I then put my hand down into the tube as far as I could reach and expanded it back to rount shape. Of course there was some restriction where it fitted in the corner. In the engine bay you would put the other end inside the bottom of the GruppeM intake heat shield. I actually put the tube right up to the air filter so it could suck air from it when idle. I found it made a world of difference in getting cool air. Of course my home grown intake heat shield wasn't as sealed as the GruppeM.

yafool said:
Anyone do anything to their bumper for 325ci for the gruppeM to get more air. I know that you have to cut some plastic out for the sedans, but do the coupes need anymore openings? I dont see anythign where i could open up. Also, the original piping going into the motor pass the MAF sensor is a little bunched up. What should i do about this? I hope its not restricting. Any pics or suggestions would help. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm... im a little lost about your Jimmy-rig. Do you have a picture?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts