BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reasons for wanting to vinyl my whole car: My paint looks gorgeous in the shade, but in the sunlight you notice all the imperfections (there is a lot more than usual)

Well guys I'm leaving for DC soon for college so nothing much else is going to happen to my car.

But while i'm at school I'll be working and will be able to buy many parts for my car.

As well as parts I have been talking to Don Nguyen about vinyl wrapping my whole car.

Take a look at my cars progress thread to get an idea of what my car will look like, but also here is what kind of aesthetic mods will be on it.

It is a 1999 Jet black 323i Pre-Facelift E46 Sedan

Mods will be:

Facelift GTR Hood
CSL Trunk
Mtech ll front bumper
Arqray Front Lip
M3 Style rear bumper
Slammed as much as possible on Racelands
Wide wheels (19x9.5 all around)
Hellaflush

So I can pretty much do any color there is matte or gloss. I'm pretty sure I'll want to do the roof,trunk,hood,rear diffusor,front lip in carbon fiber.

If someone could photoshop some color options that would be great.

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heres some color ideas, I want to be as unique as possible

white: soooo clean but not very unique

orange: unique but not my favorite color

matte black: unique enough

lime green: hmmmm

matte blue: drooooooool I think this is my favorite so far

lambo gray: Can someone find the e46 that is in this color?

matte gray: primer?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
If I could paint my car any color, it'd probably be a pearl white like Mr. Adam's car... But since you're doing a vinyl, I'd go with something like purple.. Not a big fan of matte paint jobs

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Congrats at going to school again...I say that is a waste. If you are on a budget...save some money for maintenance and normal repairs. The car is old and is going to need it soon. Just saying. If you got money to throw away...have fun with it. Think of other things you need for school.....when you graduate....I doubt you keep this car. Just my 2 cents. But, it is your car.....wrap it, fap it, or crap it;)

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Just saying....in this economy....going to college, used 99 vehicle...spend money on a wrap.....WTF!!!! And...putting a wrap on an E46....come on now.....but, if you got the money to throw away, do it. No tears when the cooling system goes, you got a cool wrap, no saving for oil changes, you got a wrap...BTW....1999 323 we are talking about.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats at going to school again...I say that is a waste. If you are on a budget...save some money for maintenance and normal repairs. The car is old and is going to need it soon. Just saying. If you got money to throw away...have fun with it. Think of other things you need for school.....when you graduate....I doubt you keep this car. Just my 2 cents. But, it is your car.....wrap it, fap it, or crap it;)
lol these are the last bits and pieces that I want to buy that aren't maintenance, I know what you mean though, but yea I'm going to keep this car for at least my college life. Aka 3 more years counting this one i'm about to start.

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just saying....in this economy....going to college, used 99 vehicle...spend money on a wrap.....WTF!!!! And...putting a wrap on an E46....come on now.....but, if you got the money to throw away, do it. No tears when the cooling system goes, you got a cool wrap, no saving for oil changes, you got a wrap...BTW....1999 323 we are talking about.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
hell yea!! 323i baby ;) doesn't need to be fast to make it look good bro. Doesn't need to be fast to be a nice car. Doesn't need to be fast to....... idk :)

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wrap it yo.....wrap that bisch in some fat green and do worries....duckets are nothing dude!!! Also, on a 1999 E46 323 4 door....would be so nice. Check out the Honda forums for what they can do with their cars. Actually, you can wrap the ENTIRE car in DYNOC!!!!!
:nyah:

Cut the exhaust off for a better effect......that one if FREE!!!!!
I already have :read: Check out my progress thread

·
Banned
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Plastidip the whole car. :rolleyes:
someone in my progress thread gave me an idea, maybe it was you. Don nguyen can wrap cars for a lot less money than a paint job. I asked him for a quote and the quote is fine with me as I have a school year to save for it as well as the other parts I want. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
dom you need to take it slow and do one thing at a time. you have big dreams and we dont want to crush them, but you have a pile of mods sitting at home that need to be put on, do that first, then worry about painting the car

1 - 20 of 56 Posts