BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of you live in a state where traffic violations are not reported to insurance companies. Or maybe i don't understand how it works, and insurance companies check your driving record periodically. Do some states not put traffic violations on your record? All i know is that a friend of mine from NY can get as many speeding tickets as he wants and never have to worry about his insurance premiums increasing. Is he full of **** or is this common in big states, with overloaded court systems?

·
Registered
221 Posts
VERY unlikely. Even if the court does not report the violation to the insurance company, as you said, insurance companies periodically check your driving record. Not only that, but a LOT of states have agreements with each other to share information, so even if you get an out-of-state violation, many times it will show up on a check in your state. On the off-chance that this guys insurance company just is not checking his record, I would STILL recommend against being stupid and getting a lot of tickets. Aside from the fact that just the ticket costs money, if he ever gets checked by the insurance company in the future, they will probably drop his coverage, and the new company WILL check his history. His rates will then skyrocket to an astounding uncomprehensible insanely wild number that even Bill Gates would choke on. The other possiblity is that he has a friend on the inside who is covering for him, but again, this situation will not last forever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts