BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the cupkit ride quality compare to the coilover ride quality. I rode in a coupe with h&r coilovers and was wondering how it compares to the cupkit, since that is what i'm considering. By the way, the coilovers were too stiff for my liking, especially since i will be communting from NYC everyday. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Nothing can compare with coilovers

:tsk:

·
Registered
121 Posts
How exactly are they different? ....and how different is just replacing springs using the stock shocks.....which cant be THAt bad.....

·
Registered
349 Posts
i have asked these questions many times and here is what i have gathered....the perforfance of coilovers is top notch but many people say it is a rather harsh ride, great for track but rather rough on the streets...coilovers also allow you to adjust the height of the suspension, and some kits allow for you to adjust the ride also....cup kit is basically non-adjustable spring/shock combo....i just went w/ intrax springs and love it....i might add shocks and sways later, but for now these will suffice....rides like stock and is tucking in rear...my car is levle and although there is an annoying gap up front, i couldnt be happier...

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,084 Posts
It really depends on which setup you go with...H&R coilovers are rather stiff and are not adjustable...

However, KW and PSS9 setups are, so you can really soften the ride for your daily commute.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vinny, how about when compared to the cupkit? Are h&r coils gernerally harsher or softer then their cupkit?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I got a friend that lives in Long Island and has an s4 hooooked up and we put H&R coils, and I had never had a nicer ride to the city i would def. put H&R coils on my 3 but $$$$$$$ is low.
His do adj. from .75-2.5 now i know that. I know that is not a 330 but it is adj.

·
name's PHIL
6,066 Posts
vinnymac said:
It really depends on which setup you go with...H&R coilovers are rather stiff and are not adjustable...

However, KW and PSS9 setups are, so you can really soften the ride for your daily commute.
good man..........when comapring the cup kit to the kw's variant 2's or bilstein pss, the cup kit would probably be harsher.....get these coils and set the dampening on the softest level, i have and its smooth as butter

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,084 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
so wait, you guys are saying the Cupkit rides harsher than KW coils?
It depends on what variant of the KW coils you have and what dampening setting you have it set on. In general, the H&R Cupkit is harsher than most adjustable setups.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts