BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a 2000 328CI and was wondering if any H&R Cup Kit will work on it, or are there different models. Like if I was to buy a used set from a 03 or 04 sedan owner, would it work ??? Sorry for the newb question.

P.S- Awesome board you guys got here !! :thumbup:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome newb ... good question.

Hey BimR, what if it's from a ZHP owner ?? Will it work on a non-sport ??

·
Banned
207 Posts
NICEBIMMER said:
Welcome newb ... good question.

Hey BimR, what if it's from a ZHP owner ?? Will it work on a non-sport ??
Well, there are two cupkits.

One for sport suspension (& zhp) and one for non sport suspension cars.

The difference is the rear springs and front strut. On the front strut, the mounting point for the sway bar link is in a different location.

So to get a sport cupkit to fit a non sport car, you will have to swap out the swaybar endlinks.

The other difference is the springs, on the non sport cupkit, the springs are taller in the back. I belive they give less drop than that of the sport cupkit.

·
Registered
933 Posts
BimR said:
Well, there are two cupkits.

One for sport suspension (& zhp) and one for non sport suspension cars.

The difference is the rear springs and front strut. On the front strut, the mounting point for the sway bar link is in a different location.

So to get a sport cupkit to fit a non sport car, you will have to swap out the swaybar endlinks.

The other difference is the springs, on the non sport cupkit, the springs are taller in the back. I belive they give less drop than that of the sport cupkit.
Well crap ... that may be a problem then. I know the spring arent an issue, but the sway bar mounting points may be. I'm going to have to find out for sure if he did have the ZHP package before I buy it. Thanks for the info tough man !!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of the different mounting points on the front struts of the sport/non-sport cupkits?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a cupkit on my 328ci and like it. it is my understanding that if you want to use a "sport" cupkit on a non sport car, you will need new bumpstops as the non sport ones are longer. BTW, if you look around, you can get a cupkit for so cheap new, that buying a used one almost doesn't make sense. look at www.morepowerracing.com.

·
Registered
933 Posts
wolf328ci said:
I have a cupkit on my 328ci and like it. it is my understanding that if you want to use a "sport" cupkit on a non sport car, you will need new bumpstops as the non sport ones are longer. BTW, if you look around, you can get a cupkit for so cheap new, that buying a used one almost doesn't make sense. look at www.morepowerracing.com.
Theyre price went up .. it's now 659 + Shipping, at Rennpost it is cheaper at 599 + Shipping. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts