E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
First time BMW owner, 2006 325 Ci One of the things i dislike about the car is not enough cup holder space. When taking a look at the newer body styles im a big fan of the push in cup holder that comes out straight from the dashboard in front of the passanger seat. Sadly, the E46 does not have it, is there a way o get it installed? I presume this will be a custom job but just curious to see if there any any other ideas out there.
Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
607 Posts
your cupholders are better than those $hitty in-dash ones, granted, you can't use the back cupholder as it is covered by the armrest, although, you can't use the far in-dash cupholder either. Really, these cars were not designed for holding beverages. I suggest you don't hold beverages in your car. Problem solved....

And No, you're not going to be able to make in-dash cupholders. I mean, you COULD, but those would the most expensive cupholders in the history of mankind, and you'll feel pretty retarded for doing so.

·
Registered
580 Posts
All european cars have very little to no cup holders because they want you to focus on driving. Think about it, do you really want someone drinking coffee doing 100+ on the autobahn? American cars are different because over here everyone thinks it is ok to talk on the phone while applying makeup while drinking coffee and reading a book all while going down the freeway doing 70 mph.
You can look into aftermarket cup-holders but I would just stay with what you have it gets the job done.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using BimmerApp

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Would a European retrofit center console help your plight?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
At 155mph, both hands on steering wheel.

You'll learn to adjust to the inconvenience of US spec cup-holders in our e46's. My front is my primary cup-holder, the back is my phone holder.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The dumbest thing about the front E46 cupholders is that one if them is half covered, and therefore made useless, by the console armrest.

In any case, Im never used them and replaced them with a euro tray.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
One more +1 on the ultimatecupholders. I had two, ditched the drivers side one as with my seat position I kept hitting it with my legs and got annoyed. One on the passenger side works well for me though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
front cup holder = place for my coffee
Rear covered annoying cupholder = place for everyone else's coffee, and NO im not moving my arm for u to get it out... deal with, it or get back in your honda!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
One more +1 on the ultimatecupholders. I had two, ditched the drivers side one as with my seat position I kept hitting it with my legs and got annoyed. One on the passenger side works well for me though.
Still have the old one? I'll buy it from you. John

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
^ Sold the one from the drivers side. Have the second one still but will part with it since I plan to part with my car soon enough. PM an offer.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
PM'd. John

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just sold my E39 and gave the new owner the Ultimate Cup Holders I had in it. Stupid! I now need to get at least one new one for the E46.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Over engineer? They have lights, it's not like they play music as they flip out.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using BimmerApp

I was mocking the fallacy that European cars don't do cup holders because they are focused on driving. If that was true, their ashtrays would suck also. I think most would agree that European ashtrays blow away anything in an american car.

By percentage, more Europeans smoke than Americans. Americans are more apt to drive with a drink container. It's a market preference thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts