E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know were can i get an CSL trunk for 05 4 door sedan that have a very good fitment and good price. I have seen that some one's have problems with aligments near the tiallight and other fitments.
Pic of the BMW i will put it on

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
You could do what I did.... Get on of these Glass Fibre Boot Spoilers that sit on the book lid off ebay

and get a half decent body shop to mould it on to your current boot lid

and it ends up looking like this

and inside when you lift the bootlid you'd never know ot wasn't factory

cost wise it'll work out around the same as getting a carbon fibre boot lid and getting it painted... but its just that little bit different

·
Registered
903 Posts
^^ so instead of just buying a new boot, you decided to buy a lip and get it moulded and then painted? I'm sure the cost of taking the trunk off, moulding, sanding, painting, and re-installation would be about the same, if not more than just buying a whole new trunk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
cost wise it'll work out around the same as getting a carbon fibre boot lid and getting it painted... but its just that little bit different
I'm sure the cost of taking the trunk off, moulding, sanding, painting, and re-installation would be about the same, if not more than just buying a whole new trunk
hmm... people read well.

OP. you can get any decent body shop to fix the alignment issues of the trunk when they prep it for paint.

·
Registered
138 Posts
^^ so instead of just buying a new boot, you decided to buy a lip and get it moulded and then painted? I'm sure the cost of taking the trunk off, moulding, sanding, painting, and re-installation would be about the same, if not more than just buying a whole new trunk
But the fits A1, when you openthe boot you know its an OEM metal article and I'd TBH I'd of gone the Carbon Boot lid route if I'd seen one that looked/felt right.. cost wise as I said earlier it was about the same as getting a carbon bootlid over here (UK) and having it painted.. and its good to be different

·
Registered
4,164 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
hmm... people read well.

OP. you can get any decent body shop to fix the alignment issues of the trunk when they prep it for paint.
gtfo I read it. I just didn't believe that all that work that he did was equivalent to just buying a csl trunk and then painting it:facepalm:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
What does the inside of the trunk look like? Does the tool tray work with it? Does the carpeting attach like factory?
I attached a small picture of the inside of the lid before the carpet kit is installed back onto it. Both the tool tray and factory carpet will fit back into the trunk.

·
Registered
604 Posts
sadly we can't do free shipping on trunks or bumpers because we /have/ to ship them freight and our prices on those items is so low we truly would be losing a bit of money if we shipped them freight free

BUT if you buy the trunk or any other large item that's freight, you will definitely be over the 150, so anything else you order ships free

believe it or not the fiberglass trunks, in our opinion, fit pretty bad and have really spotty quality, we use to sell them but even looking through a set of 10, the CF beat them in over all quality and fitment every time, not saying we don't quality control the CF ones too, bc we make sure to ship proper ones, but the fiberglass just didn't work out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts