BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im just wondering where i can get CSL rims from?
Ive been to a few wheel shops in the western suburbs but couldnt really find that one perfect replica. Does anyone know the particula Replica Brand and style?

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Buy them from one of the Vendors in the States. Your looking at about $1k US to your door, see if anyone here in Aus can even get close to that....

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Not to mention, OEM CSL's won't fit on a Non-M. We don't have a dealer in Australia who stocks our rims, but we regular ship rims to customers there. Air shipping is $300-350 USD for a set of wheels depend on size and address.

So you are looking at approximately $1000-1100 USD for a set of 18's delivered, and $1200-1250 for a set of 19's delivered to your door, plus import tax. If you want, we can package up wheel/tire packages for shipping to Australia as well.

Wheels are literally 20-30% cheaper for you guys now, given the fact that USD has taken such a huge beating in the last few months, so take advantage of it while it lasts :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Staggard 19's with tires ~$1800.

Eurobahn motorsports.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hmm that's strange. I managed to get a quote on genuine CSL wheels from my contact at a BMW dealer. Went for the 19" forged wheels instead though.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hmm that's strange. I managed to get a quote on genuine CSL wheels from my contact at a BMW dealer. Went for the 19" forged wheels instead though.
Either they quoted you for ZCP wheels (not CSL wheels) or they found their systems allowed them to place the order for CSL wheels. However that order would never be filled by BMW Germany unless you have documented proof you own a CSL.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Either they quoted you for ZCP wheels (not CSL wheels) or they found their systems allowed them to place the order for CSL wheels. However that order would never be filled by BMW Germany unless you have documented proof you own a CSL.
Yeah not sure Kenny, I was under the same assumption (ownership of CSL for CSL wheels), but he quoted me on CS wheels and CSL wheels.

What are the differences between CSL and CS wheels other than finish?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yeah not sure Kenny, I was under the same assumption (ownership of CSL for CSL wheels), but he quoted me on CS wheels and CSL wheels.

Slightly different widths of wheel sizes.

·
Registered
579 Posts

For the rear wheels the ZCP and CSL wheels are identical (same part number).
The ZCP front wheels are 8.0" wide and the CSL wheels are 8.5" wide, also they have the valve located in a different place to suit.

I can assure you that BMW dealers do not understand how it works. BMW Germany will allow them to quote you for the CSL wheels and even place an order. Before too long the information will come back to your BMW dealer that they cannot fulfill the order.

For my E46 M3 I ordered the ZCP wheels and some wheel spacers for the front and couldn't be happier. The authority on this matter is Benny the Kid, who has CSL wheels on his M3 and ZCP wheels on his M Coupe.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I can assure you that BMW dealers do not understand how it works. BMW Germany will allow them to quote you for the CSL wheels and even place an order. Before too long the information will come back to your BMW dealer that they cannot fulfill the order.
... unless you have a "friend" working in BMW parts (not BMW dealer parts) ... :str8pimpi

anyway, how about this? haven't seen these or dealt with them but they look ok.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts