BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beaten to death but I finally decided im going to get a set of Velocity Motoring CSL rep wheels. I have been leaning towards the 18"s because it wont ride as harsh and I wont loose as much acceleration and breaking and the higher cost of tires with the 19"s. But I saw some 19's on a coupe this weekend and they look so good. So could some one post of 18"s and 19"s preferably on a tiag coupe. I think im still going to go with 18" though i think they will suite me better.

What are you guys opinions.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
It's really something you have to consider based on your own preferences. Each has their ups and downs. The main advantage with the 19s is that they look absolutely amazing. That's not to say the 18's look horrible but you will get a slightly cushier ride and better performance with the 18s. With that said, the difference in ride quality and performance between the two is pretty minimal, yet something to take into account.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
:search: :search: :search: I understand that you feel your situation is potentially different from others but I can assure you the questions have already been addressed.

If you want comfort, get 18's
If you don't want to buy a new suspension set up, get 18's (19's will have an exagerated wheel gap).
If you don't want to lose acceleration, get 18's
If you want to save money, get 18's

If you want looks, can pay the money for bigger tires and a suspension kit, get 19's

for more info:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=441826

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
2000_328CI (Chase) laid it all down

Can't go wrong with either choice :) They are both affordable, I think for me personally I'd probably choose 18's cause I drive hard, then again what am I talking about I drive on 19's daily.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if you got smooth glass roads where you drive, and dont care about your car being slowed down abit then go for the 19's. I on the otherhand drive in the B-more/DC areas alot and the roads are horrific, pot holes and asphalt dips and ruts everywhere, and not to mention I drive hard too, AND my car is slammed, so to avoid the ruffride I ruled out 19's and went with 18's instead.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
if you got smooth glass roads where you drive, and dont care about your car being slowed down abit then go for the 19's. I on the otherhand drive in the B-more/DC areas alot and the roads are horrific, pot holes and asphalt dips and ruts everywhere, and not to mention I drive hard too, AND my car is slammed, so to avoid the ruffride I ruled out 19's and went with 18's instead.
logical man :thumbup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Baby's new shoes

265/35/18 rear 235/40/18 front Silver CSL's from ModBargains, Big ups to Mike. Tanks Mon!
Just a quick shot before work, more picture to follow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Im planning to get some 19's in the spring time! Hay Mike, i have Tien S-tech springs on how would the gap look like once i put the 19's on?

·
ModBargains CEO
5,612 Posts
Im planning to get some 19's in the spring time! Hay Mike, i have Tien S-tech springs on how would the gap look like once i put the 19's on?
Apparently Nick's name is also Mike now... :lmao:

The TEIN springs provide a good drop, so any wheel gap that you have will be pretty much gone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put 19 CSL's on mine and didn't notice much of a diffrence in the way it rides. I also put my car next to one with 18 CSL's and there is a big difference in the way it looks. It is a much more agressive look. The 18's look nice but a little more reserved. Here's a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I put 19 CSL's on mine and didn't notice much of a diffrence in the way it rides. I also put my car next to one with 18 CSL's and there is a big difference in the way it looks. It is a much more agressive look. The 18's look nice but a little more reserved. Here's a couple of pics
What suspension you on? Lookin good man :str8pimpi

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
NICE! Looks-wise def prefer 19s.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
19"s :4ngie: it's the only way to roll. 20"s look waaay to big on non M e46's 19" is just right!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts