BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install my zcp brake package that I bought from turner. Have all tools. Anybody with experience down here in Miami.that has some experience and is.willing to.help

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yeah I've been seeing all the diy and videos. But my back is messed up and i need a hand. I have all that. And the some lol missing jackstands

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys on one of the diy it says to bleed the clutch is that necessary?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed everything with mechanic buddy but there was q hitch . If u check on.turner they raised the price. Because they didn't even know that the kits they are selling are CSL and contrary to belief will.not fit zcp or non zcp m /// for the rear calipers. A special csl caliper carrier is needed. They made me pay an extra 100. For them. A steal compared to 189 each but worth it I guess. So.finally installed rear calipers with the special carriers they fit. And note both front and back.calipers are way bigger than stock. Anyways. A side note I won't call them to harrass but rear calipers clips do not fit ( the ones provided with the kit ) I had to reuse the old.ones. all.in all a pita but it all.looks official.now. my budd has same car with brembos and I braked half a car shorter from 60 to.0. So all In all as stated by BMW their brakes are the best calibrated choice for the vehicle. I like the fancy red shit people sport. But I'm practical and if oem works ill save myself 8000.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah i highly doubt they are genuine cal brakes as cal parts require car serial and all that.. but everyone in the forums and including them had posted wrong info saying that when u bought the kit that only the front carriers disc and caliper were larger, that the rear caliper disk and carrier besides being ventilated rotor was just painted and could be mounted in place of the old caliper because they used the same parts.. this is inaccurate, all 3 rotor, caliper, and caliper are special parts are much larger than the old regular stock oem m3 brakes. so yeah they had missinformation.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
ZCP and CSL brakes are the same. Check your facts. Your front rotors will increase in size from 325mm to 345mm which is why the new caliper carriers are required. The rear rotors remain 328mm but are cross drilled and floating. Although the ZCP/CSL rear caliper piston size is slightly larger, many have done the upgrade piece meal by retaining their stock non ZCP calipers and upgrading just their rotors and front caliper carriers.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Everything you need is included in the kit. The only thing I would suggest is a quality set of stainless steel brake lines and a few bottles of brake fluid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is it innacurate in anyway it was a discussion. And I provided no tips DIY or anything. I bought a csl zcp brake package from turner which was missing a rear caliper carrier since they did not realize that only way to.install the whole kit with calipers and all needed special carriers. They had not changed this because people would.not call back they would just source the part cheaper from elsewhere. Do you own a m/// with zcp package including brakes? Tell me where is there missinformation. Csl correction is correct. Although slotted rotors and bigger calipers where offered in Europe in the csl and in the us as the zcp comp package they are not csl oem parts. All CSL vehicles and parts are mated to car with serial that's why it is required to buy replacement parts. Such as airbox, cf center console, brakes,trunk,glass roof, bumper, exhaust headers cats. Everything.being offered as.csl parts are aftermarket parts designed after the csl parts and built to.spec. real.parts are in the thousands from.people who.adquire it with real.serial numbers. If u wanna claim.that I'm bullshitting then call BMW and ask to order csl parts for ur BMW. They will ask for a serial number.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And for.info I made.them.change the package it is now 3100 instead of.2800 because of the added rear carriers needed for.the bigger calipers. And ur ignorant both calipers are bigger in size. And adding slotted rotors larger or.stock.size does.not make.it a.zcp. package , u can get that from brembo stoptech or anyone that makes brake parts. A complete upgrade from regular m brakes to zcp package is completely different brakes diff part numbers and specs. Look in real.oem. don't take my word for it. I hate trolls. U need only one liter.of.blue.racing. fluid which you can buy from turner for.12.99 I.had.to rebleed once they sent the new carriers since I had disconnected old.calipers and installed ss lines on the new ones but only realized the carriers where too.small and had to.put.old.ones.back.on.untill I got.new carriers from turner. I then rebled entire system including clutch and we still had fluid left in the 1l can with the reservoir topped.off. I hate how.these people misguide others, just because they read on Google.and troll forums.and YouTube. If u didn't spend the money and intalled.the parts. What the fuck would.you know about the question. Itself.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I give up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts