BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been pulled over for a BS offense on their way to a show or meet?

What was it for?

Apparently since different states have different tint laws they have the right to pull you over...but many don't enforce it due to the heavy amount of traffic they have going through the state....however NY does..all because a few cops got killed due to some guys in a hoop-d with black windows.....why do they have to pull over nice cars anyway? I mean....ragged out car on 22's speeding on the interstate or a m3 with black windows going the speed limit....

There was a situation here where a fellows car was literally duct taped/glued/barely hanging together ok...So he gets hit by someone...since the car was already damaged the wreck looked much more severe than it actually was...so other person had to pay out the butt for it to pretty much replace their car......my rant against beat up cars...

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Translation:

"I think I am important because I think I drive a better car than some people - therefore I should be immune from enforement of laws that *I* think shouldn't apply to me (because I drive a "nice car")."

How do you get through doorways with an ego that big?

I won't even go into your comment about "....all because a few cops got killed ".

How sad for you.....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a few meaning 3-5....not like omg a few cops got killed....I didnt know the exact number.....and no i dont drive a nicer car than other people....I think cars should be in a condition that if I wrecked into you...you could actually tell the damage I did.......

PS: The logic is that some cars are safer to go fast in than others...check the ask a cop forum...

Dude you totally missed my point and took it off the deep end....maybe i should have been more precise in case those of you who enjoy focusing on the far uber negative side of anything anyone says.....

If you were going to commit a crime would you do it in something very common or something out of the ordinary....like a m3 or a ferrari? Just a thought....

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

What was it for?

Apparently since different states have different tint laws they have the right to pull you over...but many don't enforce it due to the heavy amount of traffic they have going through the state....however NY does..all because a few cops got killed due to some guys in a hoop-d with black windows.....why do they have to pull over nice cars anyway? I mean....ragged out car on 22's speeding on the interstate or a m3 with black windows going the speed limit....

There was a situation here where a fellows car was literally duct taped/glued/barely hanging together ok...So he gets hit by someone...since the car was already damaged the wreck looked much more severe than it actually was...so other person had to pay out the butt for it to pretty much replace their car......my rant against beat up cars...
But notice that you did not get a citation since other states cannot enforce certain equipment laws like tint if the vehicle is not registered in that state. You got pulled over, but did you get a ticket? No. Stop complaining and live with it. If you have dark tint, you gotta be expecting it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But notice that you did not get a citation since other states cannot enforce certain equipment laws like tint if the vehicle is not registered in that state.

Are you sure about this?

I didnt get a ticket for tint...I'm just trying to figure out how I can get to a show without getting busted for something dumb..

I mean you cali guys who go to the norcal vs. socal had the cops go into the show one year and give out tickets to everyone....does this happen a lot at other shows in other states?????

·
Registered
812 Posts
If you have dark tint, you gotta be expecting it.
:werd: to that...If you don't want to get a ticket or deal with the hassle of getting pulled over, don't get the tint. Most cops in any state are going to pull you over cause you look like a drug dealer to them no matter what your driving and it's a good excuse for them to pull you over. I would expect them to stop an M3 with tint before a hoop-d tinted cause maybe your just a better dealer.

I lost count after about 10 times of them getting me cause of tint. I pretty much expect it when i pass a cop, if they don't get me then i'm happy if they do i show them the waiver (which anyone can get) and we are on our way.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I lost count after about 10 times of them getting me cause of tint. I pretty much expect it when i pass a cop, if they don't get me then i'm happy if they do i show them the waiver (which anyone can get) and we are on our way.
Nevin....I have to admit, living in NY state and driving an M3 (and e39/528) with 35% tints, I have never been pulled over and questioned about the tints and the M3 is an Imola so it tends to stand out. I don't drive in NY city, but I do drive on Long Island regularly and pass may members of law enforcement.

So.....what is the waiver you refer to? It's not that I want one, but I am curious about the reasons for a waiver, wherever it might be issued.

·
Registered
311 Posts

What was it for?

For your information that "hooptie" that was pulled over that the cops got shot by was a BMW X5, and i totally agree with tint laws, not to mention that cop shooting happen about 10 minutes from my house

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Nevin....I have to admit, living in NY state and driving an M3 (and e39/528) with 35% tints, I have never been pulled over and questioned about the tints and the M3 is an Imola so it tends to stand out. I don't drive in NY city, but I do drive on Long Island regularly and pass may members of law enforcement.

So.....what is the waiver you refer to? It's not that I want one, but I am curious about the reasons for a waiver, wherever it might be issued.
I think he's probably referring to a prescription from an Optometrist stating that you need dark tint because of a medical reason. Since there's no way to medically prove that you do or don't need the tint (unless you're albino), most optometrists will write the prescription for you to cover themselves.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
For your information that "hooptie" that was pulled over that the cops got shot by was a BMW X5, and i totally agree with tint laws, not to mention that cop shooting happen about 10 minutes from my house
Yo what's up what happen at court, lol! Give me a ring!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think he's probably referring to a prescription from an Optometrist stating that you need dark tint because of a medical reason. Since there's no way to medically prove that you do or don't need the tint (unless you're albino), most optometrists will write the prescription for you to cover themselves.

Thanks....good info since my wife has cataracts which might just qualify for the waiver. She has even has a eye doc appt. next month. I will be sure to have her ask about this waiver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts