E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that this is the lower control arms, but I bought the car from a guy that had replaced the LCA bushings with Meyle's less than 20k miles ago.

It creaks like an old wooden ship when I'm at a standstill or going very slow and turning.

Could it really be that one of these bushings already failed again?

Thanks! :hi:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't even checked if it does it from a standstill. I'll check when I get home, and give more info.. sorry!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, so it makes the noise when the car is off and I turn the wheel all the way to the right. It also makes a slight knocking noise that wasn't apparent to me when I was inside the car. I got out of the car and wiggled the steering wheel back and forth, while the wheels were pointing straight, and it made a knocking noise. It's actually fairly loud, it may be nothing though...

thanks!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
huh.. well thanks for the info, maybe you could fill me in if you happen to replace them! I'll look around for a DIY. I know he's replaced atleast one inner tie rod, I found his old E46Fanatics and bimmerforums accounts and looked at EVERY thread he made for this car. lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.