E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this really annoying and loud noise under my hood for a while and from the researches i've done on this board i'm assuming it's the crankcase ventilation valve, or the PVC valve, and its hoses and pipes.
I really need help right now to make sure that this is it before i order the parts , anyone with experience would be a great help.

Here's the video clip with the noise, i tried to aim at the place where the noise is loudest. Any thoughts + verifications would be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZYyNvBaT5E

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the noise is the loudest when it's in drive or reverse, in neutral or park it's not as bad. also when i give it a little gas the noise disappears.

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's a ton of noise. the first thing to buy is a mechanics stethiscope to isolate the exact location of the noise. then replace that part.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you, btw i'm talking about the high pitched kind of whistling noise, its not from the intake.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone whos had the Crankcase vent valve problem, can you help and see if its the same sound you've had??

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i asked another member on the forums he said the noise just gets louder and louder until it throws a check engine soon light.. but shouldnt necessarily damage anything else.. just low MPG and bad performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts